The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'd rather just stay here with mom and pops and hold out for that really good job that I'm looking for than find something that pays decently but that I would hate. I'm still working part time and plan on getting some sort of bartending gig as well, but I don't want to work something that I am kinda overqualified for. Not that I am opposed to working for cheap assuming it's a job I'm interested in, but i don't want to take that easy sales position at the insurance company when I, should, be able to get something better.

Fuck it. Drink, fight, and fuck!

There's nothing wrong with staying at home as long as possible so you can get the best possible trajectory into the world alone. The idea is to get out and stay out and have some success.

Pointless to leave home just because and then land in a shitty situation you could have just avoided by being more calculating.

There's nothing wrong with staying at home as long as possible so you can get the best possible trajectory into the world alone. The idea is to get out and stay out and have some success.

Pointless to leave home just because and then land in a shitty situation you could have just avoided by being more calculating.

This. I only moved back home until I found a house but yeah.

Reactions: CiG
I moved back home for three years during residency and it was amazing. Having meals and laundry taken care of during the toughest years of my education was invaluable. No shame in moving with the parents while you figure life out.

Reactions: The Ozzman
Agreed with the livig at home situation. Currently my mom is retired and my brother is a manager at Columbia Uni, sister is a clinical lab scientist and the other is a paralegal. Obviously Imma teacher and basically we all are pretty okay financially but we stay to help my mom with the house and bills.

Also, it's a fucking 2 fam house which is basically ours since no one has kids.

Just do what works for you and screw all the haters.

Dude I'm in the Bronx unfortunately so it's not as fun as Brooklyn. :( and it's boring as fuck here since the scene here isn't my thing at all. I take the train to Brooklyn which is like an hour 30 minutes. But far from being Peoria, IL lol as there's usually always some place you can go for to eat 24/7 and bars are opened until 4am lol and yes bodegas that sell beers are cool too.

Edit: New Yorkers need to drive, myself especially. In a car Bronx to Brooklyn is 30 minutes

I would love to move back home so I'm not living paycheck to paycheck anymore and could even maybe quit my second job and finish my degree, but I think my bf would take it personal.

Relationships ruin your future. So do car loans. I have both.

Reactions: Dak
I just really don't like staying home after working and really crave that social atmosphere I find at bars and such. I don't live close enough to really walk to any bars and driving back from one after a few beers is a recipe for disaster in such a small town.

I just need to live in a city with a population over 50K at least.

Cars are pretty much a necessity in my area unless you plan on living in an apartment forever and working at the corner store. Buses are fucking slow and there's only stops every five miles or so.

Also, cars are just plain cool. The way they look, the way they sound, the way they smell... the way they chariot you on race across the expressway in the sunset with a soundtrack. They're actually kinda fucking sexy TBH. A good one is worth the money.

All that goes equal for relationships, except the part about the expressway. God forbid he lose his mind that badly.