The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I assume much of your boys are from single parent households?

Yep. Wonder if boys just typically learn better from their dads or something.

One day, we'll be completely hairless and totally pure.

Boo. Purity is no fun.

My brother is very particular about his shape ups because he can't grow any facial hair. Facial hair can really do good for guys

Reactions: Dak
I got drunk on friday I don't remember shit but I had to fell on my face because there's bruises on my fucking face. I don't know what was happening.

EDIT: I do have a picture from the occasion though:

Screenshot_2016-08-13-16-17-12_com.foursquare.robin.png

Yep. Wonder if boys just typically learn better from their dads or something.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/growing-friendships/201506/do-boys-need-rough-and-tumble-play

Kids who get out of hand with rough housing may benefit most from "coaching" in supervised rough-and-tumble play. Intriguing research by neuroscientist Jaak Panksepp shows that giving young, hyperactive lots of opportunity to do play fighting helps them learn to inhibit their behavior. If your child has trouble being too rough, it may help to practice play fighting with a parent. Be sure to end with the parent being gently but firmly dominant.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/dads-roughhousing-children-crucial-early-development/story?id=13868801

"Rough and tumble play between fathers and their young children is part of their development, shaping their children's brain so that their children develop the ability to manage emotions and thinking and physical action altogether," said Fletcher. "This is a key developmental stage for children in that preschool area between the ages of about two and a half and five. That's when children learn to put all those things together."
The researchers believe that the most important aspect of this play is that it gives children a sense of achievement when they 'defeat' a more powerful adult, building their self-confidence and concentration. However, fathers who resist their children, can also teach them the life lesson that, in life, you don't always win. The act of a stronger adult holding back that strength also helps to build trust between father and child.

These kinds of lessons can be crucial in child developmental stages as they begin to build their outlook on the world. "We think it has implications for children's resilience. So, if parents want their children to grow up and not get into drugs and not get into trouble, if they want them to do well academically, than this is probably a good thing to do," said Fletcher. "We did find a correlation so that the dad's whose play was much better coordinated according to our measures, those children had less problems."

Last edited:
I am sat having my evening pot of tea and watching the news. A news item about Syria has just been on and I swear I noticed an unbombed building on it, it was either a car wash or a fruit stand. My first thoughts are to ring up Theresa May and tell her that they missed a bit, and to have a few more bombing sorties to make sure they get it, and ask her to also send in some ground troops to jump up and down on any small bits of the country still sticking out of the ground until it is all entirely level.

Last edited: