The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Trying to rustle some folks together for dragracing at the dream cruise tonight. I usually go with my grandparents in their GTO, but the races are new and I'd hate to miss that. Probably gonna go again with them tomorrow morning.

I feel bad every year for folks living on that Woodward stretch. It's a fucking world famous event, the streets are full of classic, rare cars. They aren't leaving their houses, just no way.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Yeah, car people are shite nuggets usually, but I can appreciate American muscle. Also I have respect for hands-on interests like fixing up or restoring cars and the knowledge and raw experience behind an interest like that.

I just want to uppercut bastards that do all that loud as fuck shit in the streets, though.

Most of the people in these shows are old timers who fix up and restore cars. Anyone who thinks an old dude bringing a classic beauty back to life in his own garage is a douche. I dig the artistic side of it as well as my layman's knowledge of the mechanical side. When cars were angular, with a little bit of macguyver engineering, they really are works of fucking art.

But I hate that the culture has headed towards rounded douchey vehicles with greasy haired douches driving them and throwing their money around, revving at stoplights. Fuck sports cars.

idk, as someone who lives in a rural mountainous area, im kind of more about performance in cars than I am about false nostalgia and looks. I wouldnt say that I sympathize with the F+F kind of shit, but id honestly rather spend my time and effort tuning my everyday driver than I would some old rust bucket from an older era. Id take a stock WRX, BMW, or even a Lexus for the luxury factor over something like a 60-70s era Shelby, GTO, etc or some other stylish tank that can barely take a turn. Classic cars are alright, but the hobby is filled with guys who tinker with cars instead of drive them. I personally know too many car guys/mechanics for my own good apparently (two of my best friends grew up restoring old cars with their dads), and 90% of the time the car was inoperable and needed to be tuned or something. Works of art perhaps, but cars that move and perform are more interesting tbh.