The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

But do they think music is boring? Because that's the equivalent of what I'm saying.

Didn't say anything about car discussions.
Yes I was there and they definitely also said that music is boring. They also said you should stop being such an annoying pedantic fuck.

idk, as someone who lives in a rural mountainous area, im kind of more about performance in cars than I am about false nostalgia and looks. I wouldnt say that I sympathize with the F+F kind of shit, but id honestly rather spend my time and effort tuning my everyday driver than I would some old rust bucket from an older era. Id take a stock WRX, BMW, or even a Lexus for the luxury factor over something like a 60-70s era Shelby, GTO, etc or some other stylish tank that can barely take a turn. Classic cars are alright, but the hobby is filled with guys who tinker with cars instead of drive them. I personally know too many car guys/mechanics for my own good apparently (two of my best friends grew up restoring old cars with their dads), and 90% of the time the car was inoperable and needed to be tuned or something. Works of art perhaps, but cars that move and perform are more interesting tbh.
I think driving an old car with a V8 is a different sort of driving pleasure. I had a 4-cylinder turbo Golf that would absolutely destroy my V8 wagon in any sort of race or handling comparison. It's like riding a Harley instead of a sports bike. Lots of power and torque and being amazed at how quickly it makes this gargantuan hunk of steel move around. And the sound is so much more satisfying.

I agree cars should ultimately be about the driving but I find some build threads on forums fascinating. The amount of patience, creativity, talent and determination some of these guys display is amazing.

While I don't really care about cars I can definitely see the appeal of building and handling old cars. It is like vinyls, it is more cumbersome and isn't really better than digital in any way but the ritual and that unmeasurable feeling of putting the needle on the disc etc is still worth it. It is probably something similar with the cars.

I agree that the stereotypical car nerds aren't my fav people though.

And as a train nerd I can confirm: Driving a loco with a huge ass EMD two stroke V16 is always better than some modern 4 stroke shit from Catepillar or whatever. ;)

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Waiting for a train to take me to metal, drinking and getting fucked up. And experiencing this fancy new 24/7 tubes madness.

What a forward thinking city London is. We can only hope that other global cities will follow the example it is setting in providing such a service. Why didn't anyone think of this in the 80s? There was nightlife in the 80s, right?

Spending fucking hours making a teaching resource to use in the new academic year.

I'm making an activity where they have to calculate the cost of decorating a bathroom. They'll have a budget and have to pick which tiles, bath, sink, toilet, shower cubicle (optional), accessories (such as mirrors, shelving), etc that they want. I'm looking up real prices and real dimensions so they will have to take that into account and make a scale drawing of the bathroom to make sure everything fits in.

Deciding on a budget is the annoying part. I think I'll just add up the cost of picking all the most expensive things and make the budget lower than that.

Hopefully they'll find it fun and it will be useful when I'm teaching area and scale drawings.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
Yes I was there and they definitely also said that music is boring. They also said you should stop being such an annoying pedantic fuck.

Not my fault that the only thing you do in here (snarky comments that add nothing to the topic) you don't even do very well.

Remember for the future: read what people wrote, make sure your bullshit comparisons actually do compare.

Just finished a wonderful cut of pork I cooked. More tender and juicy than any steak of comparable price I've ever bought. Made me wonder if pork is priced lower than steak based on reputation. I still consider steak from a good restaurant my favorite piece of meat, but perhaps I've been chasing a dream of reproducing that taste at home for too long.

Not my fault that the only thing you do in here (snarky comments that add nothing to the topic) you don't even do very well.

Remember for the future: read what people wrote, make sure your bullshit comparisons actually do compare.
Lighten up. It was a flyby shitpost while I was at work. Who cares. And it's hardly all that I do.

I wouldn't waste my time sifting through your posts since you're boring and you don't even talk about good music, but you've already done it at least twice today with this guy and @H.P. Lovecraft and those aren't isolated circumstances. It's pretty much your thing as far as I can see.

Reactions: The Butt
If it is Omni, I'm not sure why she'd bother making a recommendation thread on extreme metal and posting thoughts on them, since I'm pretty sure that she's familiar with 90+% of what got mentioned.