The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Sitting at Tim Hortons slamming coffees and mooching their wireless. Waiting for buds to text me so I can meet up and smoke some. Decent day today, first day off in awhile so I'm recharging.

How do train ticket prices and reservations and whatniot work in americuh?

So often trains here are packed, asides first class, which is generally empty. i always sit in first class if there's no seats because i've paid for a fucking ticket. just told train folk i'd upgrade my ticket if it covered all the others that are stood in the corridors. VICTORY.

by which i don't mean i upgraded everyones tickets. would literally cost everything i have. working and middle class revolt!!!123

MTA here. 24/7 with really shitty service but sometimes its the fastest and easiest way to get around NYC because it's so damn crowded. The train is usually packed during rush hour. This is a picture I took recently when trying to meet a friend in the city and I was running late. I couldn't fucking get down the stairs much less on the train.image.png

Edit: @EspaDa yeah like the day after I posted it I saw that they lifted the ban. That was nuts.

I saw the news with hurricane Matthew. It's terrifying. Did you make out okay @dwellerINTHEdark ?

Last edited:
Lol I think Imma pull a typical gmder move and leave this meme right here.image.png

Btw I'm clearly a social studies teacher I thought it was a funny reference to the "don't tread on me" political cartoon/flag in like 1775.

Besides hanging out here for a few minutes, I just finished talking to my fiance' and just ate supper...am slowly preparing to go to bed for the night..pretty boring...8-]]

Amtrak must have some amazing scenery to go past though. The parts of England you go past on Trains look like Detroit.

Amtrak must have some amazing scenery to go past though. The parts of England you go past on Trains look like Detroit.

What trains do you take?

For the most part the journeys I do frequently (into Waterloo from Surrey and up to Leicester, Leeds and Corby) look alright. There are loads of really scenic lines away from the cities.