The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

So I've been at Tesla for 7 months now. Recently got a raise and a shitton more stocks. Just applied to a bunch of manager jobs because I firmly believe I should be at the next level. We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Dak
Roughly how much protein do you get each day? And how much do you think you really need (hint: it's not nearly as much as companies that profit from selling supplements want you to believe)?

I've finally ditched Winamp and started using MusicBee. Seems decent so far.

I'd say about 50 grams for the average person. Maybe a little more for someone of my metabolism. Those companies that sell protein are assholes who exploit and cultivate stupidity.

Today, I had a Greek yogurt, three Boar's Head chicken sandwiches, and some whole grain pasta with shrimp. That sounds pretty good. One of the sandwiches was open faced and small.

I'd prefer to have my protein intake at about 75 grams a day, but that sounds difficult considering what ate today probably wasn't even 50.

Going to sleep when you're full doesn't promote muscle growth.

I didn't care then, I felt worse than I've ever felt in my life. I didn't puke, but I was nauseous and shaking like crazy. I think it was a reaction to mosquito bites; it happened last time I got bitten up. Strangely enough, my brother, who felt fine, actually did puke from eating too much at the fancy restaurant.

So I gave a test on point of view to the 7th graders. Anyways I did the first part like optical illusions. The kids... like stared at it for like 5 minutes. One kid in particular didn't finish his test because he sat there and stared for awhile. This kid is a shrimpy kid half Egyptian and half west indes island (seriously think if I ever had a kid and my boyfriends egptian it would be this kid). Anyways, he turns in his class president flyer and the artwork is so cool. No wonder why he stared at it for the entire test, kid is tripped out as fuck!
The test picture:
IMG_7097.PNG

Kids drawing:
IMG_7098.PNG

Reactions: PrincessHades
So I gave a test on point of view to the 7th graders. Anyways I did the first part like optical illusions. The kids... like stared at it for like 5 minutes. One kid in particular didn't finish his test because he sat there and stared for awhile. This kid is a shrimpy kid half Egyptian and half west indes island (seriously think if I ever had a kid and my boyfriends egptian it would be this kid). Anyways, he turns in his class president flyer and the artwork is so cool. No wonder why he stared at it for the entire test, kid is tripped out as fuck!
The test picture:
View attachment 7497

Kids drawing:
View attachment 7498

Did you scorn him? Anyways, it must be cool to teach 7th graders. 8th graders are rebellious as fuck and ready to get out of middle school, sixth graders are high on middle school, and 7th graders are pretty complacent.

inlay yes, forswear and chide, no. Forsworn and chide still get used, the latter maybe just in novels.

we have one of these at home, not exactly the same and more aged:

0001350_style-no-52129-exotic-anglo-indian-side-table-inlaid-with-camel-bone.jpeg

the white part is mother of pearl inlay

Anyone here work in HR? Trying to determine what a background check on myself might yield and how you'd view it. 7 year history is standard with these checks, correct? How terrible is it if I have stable history the last few years but questionable before then between unreported cash positions and many legit positions in a short span of time?

Anyone here work in HR? Trying to determine what a background check on myself might yield and how you'd view it. 7 year history is standard with these checks, correct? How terrible is it if I have stable history the last few years but questionable before then between unreported cash positions and many legit positions in a short span of time?

The fact that you're much more stable jow will look good. If it coincides with finishing your college education, it will look better.

The reality is that most employers will probably have questions about the stuff before that. If you can explain it in a way that makes you look less flighty and demonstrate the amount of stability and experience that your education and recent long-term employment have given you, it probably won't hold you back too much.

I'm a government contractor who evaluates the suitability of employees with disabilities and other challenges trained at my workplace to find jobs in the work force outside of here, based on their work history and the progress that they make while working under me. That's the approach that I would take when evaluating a prospective employee here or other places that I've worked.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
You also want to make sure you can pass a drug test. We encounter a lot of people that get through multiple interviews to initially come work here on this training program, only to fail that.