The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I saw Satan last week in NY and they kicked ass. The vocalist was complaining about his throat and was eating cough drops, but he sounded pretty good to me. Great set as well, if not a little short (I blame the venue though).

The fact that you're much more stable jow will look good. If it coincides with finishing your college education, it will look better.

The reality is that most employers will probably have questions about the stuff before that. If you can explain it in a way that makes you look less flighty and demonstrate the amount of stability and experience that your education and recent long-term employment have given you, it probably won't hold you back too much.

I'm a government contractor who evaluates the suitability of employees with disabilities and other challenges trained at my workplace to find jobs in the work force outside of here, based on their work history and the progress that they make while working under me. That's the approach that I would take when evaluating a prospective employee here or other places that I've worked.

Finishing my education currently lol. Not quite yet. My sister had passed away around that time and in retrospect it might have affected me on some level, plus dealing with my mom losing her mind over it. Would that be a suitable explanation or not very professional to bring up?

Personally, I think that it's relevant information and I would want to hear about details like that. I've always interviewed people in a more candid fashion at the places that I've worked. Interviews are bad for both parties when nobody makes an effort to get to know the other people involved.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I just got finished composing some dark ambient. Well, I forgot to hit the record button and I forgot all of the stuff I did. Fuck iPhones. Before that, I was lifting weights, and killing my back and shoulders

Currently, I'm listening to a kickass Viking metal band called Wolfchant. Those who haven't heard of them should definitely listen to them.

Speaking of Chicago, my aunt lives in a cute little town called Romeo and the ladies in the family all took a haunted trolley tour recently. Discovered H.H. Holmes actually started his crimes living there, stealing corpses from University of Michigan, before building his infamous Chicago murder castle.

Trolley tours are sweet. 10/10 would do again, even if I don't succumb to superstition. Getting drunk and watching everyone else freak out was plenty fun.

Cooking and watching the third episode of the latest season of Black Mirror. The scene at the beginning where his sister has borrowed his laptop to watch films and then he's trying to remove the shit she's infested it with is infuriating.

Was also wondering earlier if many Americans really know much about Charlie Brooker. Black Mirror seems pretty popular, including with people that would normally rage about and boycott a loony liberal leftie like him.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
I fucking love Black Mirror. Made a pack with a friend to not watch the rest without him but idk I get crazy with tv.

The first episode of the new season was good but not as good as the others. Very cool concept though.

You made a pack of what with a friend? finish your story geez Was it one of those military pack foods? oh no it was the space pack stuff right? da fuck let us know

btw what ever happened to that CIG nitwit? did he have a conniption and type himself to death?

Last edited: