The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Thousands of homeworks. Saw Clutch the other night, pretty much the only concert I've been to in years. They played with Zakk Sabbath and Kyng, I was pleasantly surprised by both. Not shocked surprised but more like huh they don't suck after all. Wish Clutch had busted out Lady of Electric Light though.

Reactions: Dak
Thousands of homeworks. Saw Clutch the other night, pretty much the only concert I've been to in years. They played with Zakk Sabbath and Kyng, I was pleasantly surprised by both. Not shocked surprised but more like huh they don't suck after all. Wish Clutch had busted out Lady of Electric Light though.

Clutch always deliver. When I saw them live they did Our Lady of Electric Light! Great live band, I wish they had played The Regulator and The Face tho.

The Regulator and Our Lady of Electric Light are amazing songs. Hope to see them live sometime.

Go and see them if only you have such an opportunity! This was the set they played this summer in Poland:

1. X-Ray Visions
  2. Firebirds!
  3. Crucial Velocity
  4. Earth Rocker
  5. A Quick Death in Texas
  6. Sucker for the Witch
  7. Gravel Road
  8. Decapitation Blues
  9. Our Lady of Electric Light
  10. Noble Savage
  11. The Mob Goes Wild
  12. Mice and Gods
  13. Electric Worry
  14. One Eye Dollar
  15. The Wolf Man Kindly Requests...
It also really lacks their older stuff like Spacegrass or Escape From the Prison Planet but it was still hell of a show.

Reactions: Dak
We did get to hear Spacegrass and Son of Virginia, both great songs. But I'd have traded either for The Regulator, or Our Lady of Electric Light. Easily my favorite song off the new album, possibly new favorite of any album.

We did get to hear Spacegrass and Son of Virginia, both great songs. But I'd have traded either for The Regulator, or Our Lady of Electric Light. Easily my favorite song off the new album, possibly new favorite of any album.

Son of Virginia is great too. As much as I like their rockin songs, that slow stuff really gets me for whatever reason.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I have seen them a couple of times and I thought they always delivered. Granted I havent seen them in a couple years, but they always jammed out tracks and sounded excellent. Their drummer is a top notch rock drummer and is always a joy to watch. Though that setlist @EspaDa posted kind of underwhelms me since im not really a fan of their new material. Last couple of albums seem a bit formulaic imo.

Id probably say their self titled album and Blast Tyrant are their best. Some of their other albums have good songs, but they suffer from being consistently good imo. The new stuff all seems to kind of be an inferior derivative of the sound they found on Blast Tyrant, except I am a little partial towards From Beale Street to Oblivion (hardly new at this point though as it was released in 07). Part of the charm of the band is the clever wordplay in their lyrics, but you may have a hard time getting into them if you dont like the strong southern blues influence in their sound. Check out the self-titled and Blast Tyrant. Ill post a song from each that I like. Im not sure if you will like them though.

Reactions: CiG and Baroque
I wouldn't say formulaic so much as subtle repetition of instrumental theme, with different nuances. If I'm being simplistic, Clutch is basically the best bar band you've ever heard, with some really sultry tunes that stand out as bluesy rock masterpiece peppered throughout their discography. They've a very masculine sound with, as stated, excellent lyrical content. But they are heavily reminiscent of dirty bars where gearhead blue collar men drink simple beers. How you feel about that is obviously subjective. I dig it, a whole lot.

Reactions: Baroque
Id probably say their self titled album and Blast Tyrant are their best. Some of their other albums have good songs, but they suffer from being consistently good imo. The new stuff all seems to kind of be an inferior derivative of the sound they found on Blast Tyrant, except I am a little partial towards From Beale Street to Oblivion (hardly new at this point though as it was released in 07). Part of the charm of the band is the clever wordplay in their lyrics, but you may have a hard time getting into them if you dont like the strong southern blues influence in their sound. Check out the self-titled and Blast Tyrant. Ill post a song from each that I like. Im not sure if you will like them though.

You could have chosen better songs as representatives.

The ultimate Clutch songs are