The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

are your magpies like our magpies? those things are scumbags

edit:
yours
688e717818bf122b705b851560c59ad4.jpg

vs.
ours
4552394335.jpg

not too different. yours may look even more assholeish though.

Having the easiest homework day ever. I've heard the word asymptote thrown around by higher ed students and thought determining them would be difficult, at a basic function though at least they're a piece of cake. My only mistake so far was in analyzing an imaginary number as a possible vertical because I forgot imaginaries don't count.

Yeah asymptotes are not bad if you know limits. I'm guessing you're in precalculus by the sound of things? I taught that class last semester.

Imaginary things may matter to you at some point depending on how far you go, don't disregard them completely

Yes, pre-calc. I'm glad you mention that. My web homework wouldn't accept my imaginary vertical, kinda dumb to lead students to believe that IMO if eventually it would be a valid answer. Especially since we do use imaginary numbers for other applications currently, why exclude them from asymptotic analysis in the curriculum? Seems more logical to explain things as they are, not throw a complication in expecting you to give up on it and provide an answer of 'does not exist'.

Lol maybe I just answered my own complaint. Wordplay.

Yes, pre-calc. I'm glad you mention that. My web homework wouldn't accept my imaginary vertical, kinda dumb to lead students to believe that IMO if eventually it would be a valid answer. Especially since we do use imaginary numbers for other applications currently, why exclude them from asymptotic analysis in the curriculum? Seems more logical to explain things as they are, not throw a complication in expecting you to give up on it and provide an answer of 'does not exist'.

Lol maybe I just answered my own complaint. Wordplay.

well to be fair "eventually" is 2-3 years past your math class. Not that you couldn't understand such things now, it's just the way they order the classes. It's in classes like Complex Analysis which you'd see as a senior level math course if you were a math major.