The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

There aren't pills for stress, just anxiety or depression, and they aren't necessarily any better for you than alcohol unless your liver is shot, in terms of trying to chemically treat it.

Tbh, I probably meant anxiety more than anything. I've been on depression meds before and I dont feel like I actually need it right now. I just constantly worry about everything to the point my escape from it is loud music and heavy drinking. My brain never seems to turn off until I physically sort circuit it a bit.

Reactions: Dak
Mental disturbance is the worst thing possible. Fuck depression, fuck neurosis. Fuck pills that make you feel like shit until the time they start working (provided they do).

Honestly, except for before/during work, I just get high all the time. I've found that for me, anyways, pot always helped me deal with my crippling anxiety. I just care about negative things less. It sets my mood to a higher general baseline.

Sux 2 b u. Some of us realise we can control that shit.

Part of me feels I should go to AA meeting to gloat.

Got 3 weeks left at work. Basically treating it like boot camp. Shaming the shit outa our labourers as I don't have much to do. WEED OUT THE WEAK.

Reactions: Sirjack
Drinking helped mine but I haven't done that for over 3 weeks because I can't trust myself with alcohol anymore
That fateful Independence Day when ozz posted a pic of himself holding a gun and looking like a psycho on the internet, and realized he had a problem with alcohol

Because somehow the DUI wasn't quite convincing enough

Reactions: The Butt
Because somehow the DUI wasn't quite convincing enough

That was also over 7 years ago at a time when my drinking wasn't super bad. Back then I used to frequent bars with a few friends and I mostly drove to all of them. From a few years ago up until I went sober I was just getting drunk in my house alone.

My drinking was starting to affect work life. It was time to stop.

It really sucks because I miss drinking IPA.

Some of us realise we can control that shit.

Are you controlling it though? It seems like every time you post you're drinking.

Because your brain is wired differently. You can drink to a point and put it down and not drink again for an indeterminate amount of time. When I drink I don't want to stop drinking. I drink that first beer and I crave it. That's why 2 beers turns into 8 for me. Towards the end it was 12-16 beers every time I would drink

The only reason I stopped drinking when I went to see Megadeth is because I ran out of cash and I left my credit card at home. I did that purposely to control myself. I was about 6 20 ounce beers deep at the end of the night. The worst part is that on my way home I got more beer because I found some 'lost' money in my wallet behind my ID.

Last edited:
Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Ha. I'll never drink at a show again. Last time I got so fucked waiting for the band I came to see, I slept at the bar during the concert and eventually just asked my wife to limp me to the car and went home. Complete waste of my evening, money, and didnt even see the band. She was mad at me, mad at myself.... annnnnnd we got followed from the bar and she got a sobriety test. (luckily she hadnt drank at all)

Ha. I'll never drink at a show again. Last time I got so fucked waiting for the band I came to see, I slept at the bar during the concert and eventually just asked my wife to limp me to the car and went home. Complete waste of my evening, money, and didnt even see the band. She was mad at me, mad at myself.... annnnnnd we got followed from the bar and she got a sobriety test. (luckily she hadnt drank at all)

That's just a part of the experience. I fucking love to drink during shows, but I do admit that there are a few bands that I don't remember seeing. Grim Reaper being one of them. I also left towards the end of Ross the Boss's set because my stomach was all fucked up from the weird food/chinese sorgum liquor/blow but I don't really regret that decision. Ross played all the Manowar songs I wanted to hear.

In Orlando for work and just got a bareback blowjob from a backpage crackwhore. She looked young and probably pretty if it weren't for drugs. Would've fucked her but dumb bitch ran out of condoms

Damn it sure is hot and humid. It's nighttime in downtown now and the bar scene is popping. There are many attractive females, wonder if i can pick one up. Hope my fanny pack is not an issue

Tbh, I probably meant anxiety more than anything. I've been on depression meds before and I dont feel like I actually need it right now. I just constantly worry about everything to the point my escape from it is loud music and heavy drinking. My brain never seems to turn off until I physically sort circuit it a bit.

Existential worry or more practical things?

@Vilden

Yeah, that's too far. I'm going to visit Lund, Helsingborg and Halmstad. Also, I'm going on a trip to Copenhagen. That'll be great. A pity you're living on the other side of Sweden!