The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

being real naive with that Germs love Turks comment thurr. Germans have a clear divide of those pesky brown people to do menial labor and the sophisticated Deutsche Leute...

Ethnic Germans tend to fare better in well-paying job prospects than Turks and other non-European immigrants, yes. Compared to most other white-European nations, however, they have it very well. What you say about Germany could be applied to America ten-fold, considering that many of our menial laborers we refuse to grant even citizenship.

Ethnic Germans tend to fare better in well-paying job prospects than Turks and other non-European immigrants, yes. Compared to most other white-European nations, however, they have it very well.

Which is not enhanced by allowing skillless, differently/poorly cultured persons to influx. It's a destructive political decision against the interests of the bith ethnic and nonethnic German voters.

Which is not enhanced by allowing skillless, differently/poorly cultured persons to influx. It's a destructive political decision against the interests of the bith ethnic and nonethnic German voters.

Regarding the refugee crisis, yeah it's a problem and I understand why she's taking flak from it. Regarding Turks, I haven't seen much evidence to support those problems. The Turkish unemployment rate is apparently double that of ethnic Germans, higher but not out of line with what we see with Hispanics and blacks here. Despite large numbers of Muslims, Germany lacks the Islamic terror issues that plague many other European nations as well as America. Nations need some amount of low-skill and no-skill people. Education is dandy, but inventions must be manufactured, workers of all kinds depend of service industry. Germany's overall unemployment rate, particularly when compared to most of Europe, suggests that the problem is minor and that the benefits outweigh the costs.

Regarding the refugee crisis, yeah it's a problem and I understand why she's taking flak from it. Regarding Turks, I haven't seen much evidence to support those problems. The Turkish unemployment rate is apparently double that of ethnic Germans, higher but not out of line with what we see with Hispanics and blacks here. Despite large numbers of Muslims, Germany lacks the Islamic terror issues that plague many other European nations as well as America. Nations need some amount of low-skill and no-skill people. Education is dandy, but inventions must be manufactured, workers of all kinds depend of service industry. Germany's overall unemployment rate, particularly when compared to most of Europe, suggests that the problem is minor and that the benefits outweigh the costs.

Nations can internally produce no and low skilled persons. The need to import them is driven by not having children, so we know what that demographic destiny looks like.

The integration programs include at least some education, even if only language instruction.. I work as an assistant at a vocational college and we've got about 20 refugee students who I visit a couple times a week in an integration program where they get language, math, and science instruction. We have some refugees as well in the regular vocational degree programs.

@Dak The Germans haven't been reproducing for decades. That's why they've been importing labor for over half a century (actually, more like a century and a half, but that's besides the point) and have things like Kindergeld to encourage the decision to have children.

Reactions: Onder
@Dak The Germans haven't been reproducing for decades. That's why they've been importing labor for over half a century (actually, more like a century and a half, but that's besides the point) and have things like Kindergeld to encourage the decision to have children.

I'll assume you are right. The easy fix is rarely the good one.

Nations can internally produce no and low skilled persons. The need to import them is driven by not having children, so we know what that demographic destiny looks like.

Not necessarily. Children are very expensive and if one highly-skilled parent is forced to drop out of the marketplace to raise the child properly, it could be much better to just import them.

*Yet.

Merkel is certainly trying to replace the native German population with uneducated mouth-breathers though, sans the obese part.

Regardless of where you fall politically, she needs to fucking go.

Your red-pill still peeks through sometimes.

But yeah, I would like to see Merkel go. I think she's done a fine job. People can say what they want about the refugee crisis, but no solution was going to make everyone happy. I think she made the right choice. But, 16 years is more than long enough. I just hope she'll come around to the idea of running a minority government until the next vote. It won't be pretty if SPD and Union lose even more seats next time around.

Your red-pill still peeks through sometimes.

But yeah, I would like to see Merkel go. I think she's done a fine job. People can say what they want about the refugee crisis, but no solution was going to make everyone happy. I think she made the right choice. But, 16 years is more than long enough. I just hope she'll come around to the idea of running a minority government until the next vote. It won't be pretty if SPD and Union lose even more seats next time around.

"Red Pill" buzzword horseshit aside, I think history will be unkind to her and people with opinions like yourself regarding her.

I think with some distance it will be rather obvious that she didn't make the right choice re: the so-called refugee crisis.

Sure, but it's a minuscule problem compared to her successes and one that is probably at or already past its worst. The only way it will stain her reputation forever is if there is some massive act of terrorism committed by the refugees, fueling a sudden nationalist movement and perpetual unrest. Right now, Germany, along with Sweden and maybe a couple others, seem to be the most resistant to those problems. More realistically many refugees will eventually move back when the situation in Syria stabilizes, some perhaps forced back, and others will remain, increasing the burden on the welfare state and crime rates by a bit but not enough to create lasting impact.

That's a fair counter point. Honestly these days I'm more interested in seeing what those kinds of mass immigration/mass intake of refugee policies do to legitimize far-right/nationalist sentiments and movements. Slowly all over Europe it seems to be the case that it's all on the rise.