The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Damn. This past year I had some experience growing ghost and Carolina reaper peppers. I made some ground pepper spice and a few hot sauces out of it. To be honest I just found them to be difficult to work with because of the potency, though I really do like the flavor of the ghost pepper. I like spicy foods, and oftentimes like making my food blazing hot, but I get the feeling that the "hothead" community is more about bragging rights and acting tough than it is about flavoring. Products like that you just linked just seem unnecessary.

That said, have you ever heard of a brand of potato chips called Blair's Death Rain? The Habenero flavor has a great blend of spicy and sweet and they are addictive as hell.

Damn. This past year I had some experience growing ghost and Carolina reaper peppers. I made some ground pepper spice and a few hot sauces out of it. To be honest I just found them to be difficult to work with because of the potency, though I really do like the flavor of the ghost pepper. I like spicy foods, and oftentimes like making my food blazing hot, but I get the feeling that the "hothead" community is more about bragging rights and acting tough than it is about flavoring. Products like that you just linked just seem unnecessary.

That said, have you ever heard of a brand of potato chips called Blair's Death Rain? The Habenero flavor has a great blend of spicy and sweet and they are addictive as hell.

My intent when buying it was to enhance the spiciness of flavors I already enjoy. It doesnt have a specifically pungent flavor so it can be added as a heat increase. I like wing sauce but I'm so accustomed to eating hot things the standard does nothing for me, for it to be hot to me I have to go for a super hot variety, which usually tastes like shit.

I'm definitely not bragging btw, that hurt like fuck and made me sick.

I grow habaneros and thai chilies every year. Those are the ones I really like. I blame it on working in dusty environments for years. Things have to be spicy for me to really taste them.

And I've never had the blair chips before. I've had Pacqui ghost pepper tortilla chips... and they're okay.

My intent when buying it was to enhance the spiciness of flavors I already enjoy. It doesnt have a specifically pungent flavor so it can be added as a heat increase. I like wing sauce but I'm so accustomed to eating hot things the standard does nothing for me, for it to be hot to me I have to go for a super hot variety, which usually tastes like shit.

I'm definitely not bragging btw, that hurt like fuck and made me sick.

I grow habaneros and thai chilies every year. Those are the ones I really like. I blame it on working in dusty environments for years. Things have to be spicy for me to really taste them.

Yea, ive met people who have really high spice tolerances, so I understand what you are saying. The guy puts spice on literally everything he eats, which imo is a bit overkill, but whatever you like I guess.

And I've never had the blair chips before. I've had Pacqui ghost pepper tortilla chips... and they're okay.

Ive had those, and they arent nearly as good as the Blair ones. Nor as hot either. Kind of bland tbh. The Blair habenero or jolokai flavors are hot enough to give me a burn and a sweat even if I only eat a chip or two. If you ever see them, give them a try.

No this is the first time, and I've heard great things by everyone I know that has been there. Can't wait, it will be just four days but that's a ton of IPA if you're dedicated. :)

They've got a few of sneaky (and cheap) hoppy beers too. I was pleasantly surprised when a cheap pilsner I bought tasted like a mix between a AIPA and a German Hell. I had to have another just to be sure it wasn't contaminated.

If you come across any Weizen IPAs, drink them all immediately.

Reactions: Onder
They've got a few of sneaky (and cheap) hoppy beers too. I was pleasantly surprised when a cheap pilsner I bought tasted like a mix between a AIPA and a German Hell. I had to have another just to be sure it wasn't contaminated.

If you come across any Weizen IPAs, drink them all immediately.

Sure man. I was browsing some of Wroclaw's bars and came across a verified Untappd venue where the taplist looks like I should drink from all their taps: https://untappd.com/v/4hops/3836263.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
Sure man. I was browsing some of Wroclaw's bars and came across a verified Untappd venue where the taplist looks like I should drink from all their taps: https://untappd.com/v/4hops/3836263.

Don't let them put any of that disgusting fruit syrup in your Berliner Weisse! (I'm not much of a fan of sours anyhow) I didn't explore the bars too much when I was there. I just drank 4PLN beers out of kiosks like a bum most of the time when I was there. I did go to Spiz. They've got a pretty good home-brewed Pils and Weizen (don't bother with their AIPA) and their perogies are awesome.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
Don't let them put any of that disgusting fruit syrup in your Berliner Weisse! (I'm not much of a fan of sours anyhow) I didn't explore the bars too much when I was there. I just drank 4PLN beers out of kiosks like a bum most of the time when I was there. I did go to Spiz. They've got a pretty good home-brewed Pils and Weizen (don't bother with their AIPA) and their perogies are awesome.

We will definitely check out some good pierogi. :)

This is not my first time in Poland so I've had the shitty Biedronka beers anyway, I'm going to a proper beer bar.:)

Sitting here all sweaty in Kangarooland playing Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence with a broken air conditioner. Looking at 37 degrees Centigrade where I live tomorrow.