The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

An entity that essentially legalizes extortion? Cool story, bro! Post a picture of you wearing your brand new Che shirt you bought on Amazon.

I held off from making the incoming Atlas Shrugged joke initially to play nice, but since you followed it up...

Doesn't mean shit if the pension becomes underfunded and they can't pay you which is highly likely in 30+ years.

Doesn't mean shit when the movers of the world abandon us for their orgy in Colorado and you can't outrun the starving masses from devouring your plentiful self.

"Ozz attacked something I like as a liberal so I'll just attack him and call him fat because I'm a trend hopping faggot piece of shit instead of actually justifying my position of why what he said about pension plans is incorrect and assume the only book he has read in the past 10 years is Atlas Shrugged and I'll try and loosely correlate the two. That'll show him"

Last edited:
"Ozz attacked something I like as a liberal so I'll just attack him and call him fat because I'm a trend hopping faggot piece of shit instead of actually justifying my position of why what he said about pension plans is incorrect and assume the only book he has read in the past 10 years is Atlas Shrugged and I'll try and loosely correlate the two. That'll show him"

Lol what is your problem? Don't you have something better to do with your life than attack all the horrible things that I do?

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
Depends on when you plan to retire. If it's greater than ten years, I would suggest putting 100% in the most aggressive fund and gradually diversify in less risky funds as you get closer. It's hard to really to give a more dedicated response without knowing what the portfolio's are in each fund. I'm only a CPA though so I may not be the best source, but it would also would be nice to know the tax status on the funds you're contributing as well.

edit: Is this an IRA/401(K) or something else?

this should be an IRA. It's a fed government one only, tsp.gov , is the website.

im guessing i got 35-40 years until retirement

here's the fund overview : https://www.tsp.gov/InvestmentFunds/FundsOverview/index.html

The F, C, S, and I Funds are index funds, each of which is invested in order to replicate the risk and return characteristics of its appropriate benchmark index. For example, the C Fund is invested in a stock index fund that fully replicates the Standard and Poor's 500 (S&P 500) Index, a broad market index made up of the stocks of 500 large to medium-sized U.S. companies. The C Fund's objective is to match the performance of the S&P 500. The F, C, S, and I Funds remain invested regardless of the performance of the securities markets or the overall economy.

on tax status, i cannot make any more deposits atm since i no longer am federally employed and i know its 20% if i pull out before 65. not sure if that is everything ya need to know or not

There are entire books written about investment strategy. I agree with Dazed's opinion to an extent but it's all dependent upon how 'risk averse' you are. If you are young and don't mind taking risk, try something like emerging markets or an aggressive growth fund. If you care more about dividend income and don't want to high growth, get income driven stocks (like blue chip stocks or whatever) or bonds since they pay money every 6 months for 'x' amount of years. I would speak to an adviser if you have one available. I have a securities license but I'm so far removed from the finance realm at this point in my life that my advice won't be that great tbh. I got a degree in Finance and don't even use it anymore but it still really interests me.

It would be helpful to know what each of those funds comprises so that we could probably give you a little more info.

i'm down with the risk, this is really just side $ at the moment.

but if im going risky and aggressive, would i split it or keep it aggregated? seems like 100% is ideal for a risky option.