The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I thought you’d finally had enough and fucked off into jaded outer-out crowd oblivion. What’d you get banned for?

He typed "f a g g o t" to try to avoid the new word ban on "faggot."

There's no ban on the word 'faggot' yet. I bypassed the filter for the 'N' word yet @DisconnectedFromReality did the same thing and only had his posts removed so I probably won't be on as much if our admin isn't going to treat people equally for the same crime. The worst part is Deron confirmed that GMD regulars are the ones reporting people for using the n word and 'faggot'.

Last edited:
There's no ban on the word 'faggot' yet. I bypassed the filter for the 'N' word yet @DisconnectedFromReality did the same thing and only had his posts removed so I probably won't be on as much if our admin isn't going to treat people equally for the same crime. The worst part is Deron confirmed that GMD regulars are the ones reporting people for using the n word and 'faggot'.

Man the crybaby meter is off the charts lately about these two specific words, and I mean from the side that "wah, I can't use these words out of the gabillions of words I have to choose from." Or, more importantly from my admin side, depending on the context, it may get deleted until the heat dies down from the previous blowout.

You Oz are wrong, as is most everyone that assumes what I did or did not do from an admin side.

I handled it. Your case was different. I've never had to say anything to Disconnected that I recall, and he's "relatively" new - so he was handled differently than you. You have been here a while now, and a former admin. You knew better. Him, I had to give benefit of the doubt, so he was warned (like I ALWAYS do before a ban). THAT'S what happened.

And yes, I have said IN PUBLIC - that regulars were the ones reporting, and they were the ones tired of the overuse. Look it up - that was nothing secret. I will however, never reveal names because it's irrelevant. If I see that over the course of time that I have been running this site, that long time users are reporting issues (not just one offs) - then something is amiss. Simple logic.

In the grand scheme of things (and forums out there), if you think this is an end of the world thing where I ask that the N and F words be limited because of overuse - I don't know what to tell you. It's pretty petty to call that censorship - to me it's simple common courtesy.

Man the crybaby meter is off the charts lately about these two specific words, and I mean from the side that "wah, I can't use these words out of the gabillions of words I have to choose from." Or, more importantly from my admin side, depending on the context, it may get deleted until the heat dies down from the previous blowout.

You Oz are wrong, as is most everyone that assumes what I did or did not do from an admin side.

I handled it. Your case was different. I've never had to say anything to Disconnected that I recall, and he's "relatively" new - so he was handled differently than you. You have been here a while now, and a former admin. You knew better. Him, I had to give benefit of the doubt, so he was warned (like I ALWAYS do before a ban). THAT'S what happened.

And yes, I have said IN PUBLIC - that regulars were the ones reporting, and they were the ones tired of the overuse. Look it up - that was nothing secret. I will however, never reveal names because it's irrelevant. If I see that over the course of time that I have been running this site, that long time users are reporting issues (not just one offs) - then something is amiss. Simple logic.

In the grand scheme of things (and forums out there), if you think this is an end of the world thing where I ask that the N and F words be limited because of overuse - I don't know what to tell you. It's pretty petty to call that censorship - to me it's simple common courtesy.

I can't even imagine having to regulate a place where half the people literally live there and think you're the government and you both owe them and aren't allowed to control them lmao. You do a great job fella.

I just wonder if you guys ever use other message boards. This is the only one I've ever been on with such lax rules on what can be said. Most just moderate you with automated messages, temp ban after warning, or perma ban after second time or constant violations.

mtgsalvation - mods would edit your post in red if there was anything left they didnt want to delete

gamefaqs - instant censor. bypass censor, instant suspension

Even if you try and post the word fag at NWN it changes your post to say "I_Love_Penis"

You guys want to argue with the fuckin owner of the website even when he told you not to do it beforehand. I've had plenty of posts deleted in the time I've been here and never did I think WOW THATS FUCKING BULLSHIT THIS ISNT FAIR REEEEEEEEE. This is the only message board anyone gets away with this shit.

I just wonder if you guys ever use other message boards. This is the only one I've ever been on with such lax rules on what can be said. Most just moderate you with automated messages, temp ban after warning, or perma ban after second time or constant violations.

mtgsalvation - mods would edit your post in red if there was anything left they didnt want to delete

Even if you try and post the word fag at NWN it changes your post to say "I_Love_Penis"

You guys want to argue with the fuckin owner of the website even when he told you not to do it beforehand. I've had plenty of posts deleted in the time I've been here and never did I think WOW THATS FUCKING BULLSHIT THIS ISNT FAIR REEEEEEEEE. This is the only message board anyone gets away with this shit.

I AM AN INTERNET VETERAN and I am consistent in my dislike towards all these rules on all these forums. And gamefags is for losers anyhow.

Man the crybaby meter is off the charts lately about these two specific words, and I mean from the side that "wah, I can't use these words out of the gabillions of words I have to choose from."
And yes, I have said IN PUBLIC - that regulars were the ones reporting, and they were the ones tired of the overuse.

Interesting the way you frame things. I have a different view as to who the crybabies are, but there's really no use getting into debates with Americans about censorship because due to their first amendment they've developed a stunted concept of free speech wherein only the state could ever truly censor someone.

I wonder what the next word the "crybabies" will be told they can no longer use because the majority decide to get triggered and report it. Might make a fun game even.

The irony seems to be lost on you that what makes this forum cool is that it is less censorious than other forums, what the fuck will you say once it becomes as censorious as other forums? Should we stay for your mushroom photos or HBB's autistic rants about riffless black metal?

I just find it hilarious that people are coming down so hard on those who have some complaints about having their posts deleted or accounts suspended for saying a word and give a free pass to the crybaby cunts who report other people's posts so often that Deron is forced (falsely imo) to censor people.

Courtesy, manners and politeness involves choice, if I am forced to be courteous it isn't courtesy, basic stuff really. But no it's not the end of the world obviously, it's just a slippery slope because banning words on the basis of a bunch of offended douchebags never stops at that one word or those two words, it expands because now you've legitimized their sense of being offended.

But like Ozz said, this isn't really worth going into it with you, it's pretty clear that the complaints of people like myself who take an unpopular stance on words is meaningless compared to the regulars who complain like little bitches all the time. [shrug]

Damn. Some members here really need to learn when to take a fucking seat. Create your own message board then with your own rules, if you don’t like the two basic things he has asked you to do. Here we are absolutely way more free than other places and that is undeniable as many can attest being here for over ten years, some in their teens where they spammed the shit out of this board and are still here. It is completely inconsiderate, disrespectful, and downright whiny to sit here an argue with the guy who created a platform for you to just be a perpetual dick on the internet for no reason. Seriously. It’s so out of order and rude. Good riddance @DisconnectedFromReality

Also those of you who are in your 30s getting an erection of the N and F words, need a seat in my special education class. Ill straighten all you out. Freaking babies.

Reactions: EspaDa
So many people getting banned. Hey HBB, can you use the N or F word here and join TB and the future DFR?

No one got banned.

The irony seems to be lost on you that what makes this forum cool is that it is less censorious than other forums, what the fuck will you say once it becomes as censorious as other forums? Should we stay for your mushroom photos or HBB's autistic rants about riffless black metal?

Are you staying because you can insult people freely? You havent really been here very long in the scheme of things btw, people did actually get banned in the past for acting like mongs. You came around in the golden age of stupidity when Deron all but abandoned us.

:rolleyes:

Edit: nice ninja-edit, your original comment was way more emotional and reactionary.

And if you didnt know anything about Cammy, I suppose you might not know why she might at least be mildly offended by people dropping N-bombs around here.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
But the people getting brutally offended by the words are what, stoic adults? Give me a fucking break.

Why do you always try to make something out of nothing?

I’ve never reported anything to Deron. I don’t get offended easily, and never ran to a mod about anything. I think y’all are looking for an easy way to be rebellious, and it’s not right. Actually I’m pretty sure I’ve never spoken a single word to Deron directly, until now. Honestly, I think he’s being too nice and some of you are taking advantage. You seem to forget it’s not your forum. It’s his. He asked you and explained why he didn’t want x and y. In any game you play there are parameters to follow or else it’s not a game. Siding with a “parenthesis” using textbook nazi who just got here is ridiculous. For those of you who don’t know the (((((())))) signals Jew. He’s wrong and strong and just needs to shut up already.

Geez being nice really doesn’t get you anywhere.