The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Day four of being sick. Taking a cabinet full of shit trying to fight it off but will have to go see the doctor if I'm not better in a day or so. Still kinda shook up over getting pneumonia a couple of years ago.

I've previously had trouble with sinus infections not going away, so now the first thing I do is boil crushed garlic for a few mins and then sniff the steam. Seems to help flus as well given the fever I beat last time.

Booked my air bnb for California last night. I was supposed to look up places and make an Itinerary but I spent the entire day grading because I’ve been out of it. I’ve caught up mostly, though. Did some lessons and I made my midwinter recess packets. It’s 2 am now, so naturally a perfect time for a facial and a beer.

Reactions: MetalAges
Sunday. Listening to Jóhann Jóhannsson, there's some ground beef left in the fridge, gonnu make some pasta with that.

Gonnu send my CV to one company today and see what comes out of that. I thought about this one for a while before actually doing it. Might be nothing, still.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
I'm supposed to be in geometry but I got out to review for a quiz with a teacher who isn't here, so instead I am just sitting in a room with another kid who's taking the quiz.

Had an absolutely awful lesson with my worst behaved group to end the day. They are just rude and obnoxious. For the first time ever I wanted to just leave part way through the lesson and leave them to it. They are a small class but over half of them have extreme behavioural issues. And ruin the learning for the few nice ones in there. I want to get through to them how selfish it is for them to be ruining the learning of the students that want to learn. They’re an extremely low ability group, which compounds the issue. They find maths hard, so they’d rather not try than get it wrong. I’m at the point where I dread teaching them. It’s so frustrating.

Hideous is the only word to describe them.

Had an absolutely awful lesson with my worst behaved group to end the day. They are just rude and obnoxious. For the first time ever I wanted to just leave part way through the lesson and leave them to it. They are a small class but over half of them have extreme behavioural issues. And ruin the learning for the few nice ones in there. I want to get through to them how selfish it is for them to be ruining the learning of the students that want to learn. They’re an extremely low ability group, which compounds the issue. They find maths hard, so they’d rather not try than get it wrong. I’m at the point where I dread teaching them. It’s so frustrating.

Man I feel you. My girlfriend teaches socially handicapped kids from over here, shit gets hard. Today a father of a small kid came and punched a teacher in the face. Coincidentally there was an inspection there today and it got all kinds of weird. Well now I'm worried about my main one, because if some retard comes there and punches her in the face for teaching his kid how to say hello then I don't know. :(

Hideous is the word to describe their parents, and them only.

Honestly that’s why the low performing groups should be a lot smaller (aka no more than 12 kids when even that’s a lot too). You spend a lot of time and energy trying to talk to them and motivate them and give them one on one attention.

I’ve said it before but teachers do not get enough respect. Parents coming and punching them in the face? That’s ridiculous and terrible. Not only do you have to take a class that can be extremely disrespectful to you, you have to take disrespect from the parent too? For what? Wanting their child to succeed? Come on.

I kinda feel for some teachers because they don’t feel as though they can be honest with students. Like they can’t say certain things because they don’t want to catch a case.

What subject do you teach? I admire you for doing it. Being a teacher is hard as hell. You have to put up with all these ungrateful creatures.

_100051991_e45cedfd-2a9d-4f80-8d5c-a83a635cd869.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-43081218

Too good.