The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Going to the mountains tomorrow. Will finally go skiing. Will also get hammered day in day out. See ya in 2019, folks! I'll send some photos from the mountains, I bet most of you are not used to snow, so that may be a nice idea to show you some.

Winter hasnt been winter here yet this year. Very peculiar. I'm just thankful honestly. I ate a $275 gas bill then 225 back to back last year when it was really fucking cold. I have no clue what heating costs in other places btw so I may be bitching about nothing.

We really didn't have a winter either. It got cold a few times but not drastically cold it only went below freezing about three times over the entire three months.

We aren't heavy heating users in this house and use a reverse cycle air conditioner for our heater. Heating cost here vary depending on the source. Reportedly (and it may well be biased local reporting) we pay more for gas than most other developed countries, we also export it and those getting it pay less than we do so gas heating isn't overly cost effective in this country. Using gas to heat we used to notice about $100 extra over the winter period than the rest of the year where we only used gas for cooking and hot water. Since we stopped using gas to heat we seem to use about $30 extra power for the winter period. So electric is way more cost effective for us than gas.

it's barely gone below freezing here either, haven't had to scrape the windscreen yet. i think it's technically only been winter for a week though, even if i think of it as being dec-feb.

My electric bill (which includes heat) ranges from $30 to $90 a month, usually under $60. One nice thing about living in a 750 sqft. apartment.

On the downside, Comcast gouges me $105/month for Internet (that's Internet only, no TV bundle) since they're a local monopoly. Wish they were regulated like the electric company.

Going to the mountains tomorrow. Will finally go skiing. Will also get hammered day in day out. See ya in 2019, folks! I'll send some photos from the mountains, I bet most of you are not used to snow, so that may be a nice idea to show you some.

Im going out to the mid-west in February for a week to ski. Where are you at now?

Winter hasnt been winter here yet this year. Very peculiar. I'm just thankful honestly. I ate a $275 gas bill then 225 back to back last year when it was really fucking cold. I have no clue what heating costs in other places btw so I may be bitching about nothing.

you live in a big ass house and heat it to 75?