The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'm reading that this semester for my Honors course. How is it?

It's an interesting anomaly in Plato's dialogues, actually, pretty interesting when taken within the context of the greater canon of his work. It's actually told by Apollodorus, a student of Socrates, to a friend, who relates the story of a symposium held in the honor of Agathon, so the story is in the past. Very little of the actual story seems to be of much serious philosophical importance, actually, aside from Socrates' speech. It's fairly laid back and casual, which gave Plato a lot of room to emphasize his own literary prowess, and for that I find it to be a very interesting read. The party is discussing 'Love' and exactly what it is, so it touches very heavily on the relationships that wiser men had with aspiring adolescent boys and the virtues of this form of love.

i just woke up because i got back from work at 5 in the morning. Last night was very interesting. I got hit on by a 6'4 black drugdealer and he gave me a $40 tip.:loco: He's actually very nice though

It's an interesting anomaly in Plato's dialogues, actually, pretty interesting when taken within the context of the greater canon of his work. It's actually told by Apollodorus, a student of Socrates, to a friend, who relates the story of a symposium held in the honor of Agathon, so the story is in the past. Very little of the actual story seems to be of much serious philosophical importance, actually, aside from Socrates' speech. It's fairly laid back and casual, which gave Plato a lot of room to emphasize his own literary prowess, and for that I find it to be a very interesting read. The party is discussing 'Love' and exactly what it is, so it touches very heavily on the relationships that wiser men had with aspiring adolescent boys and the virtues of this form of love.

Sounds interesting. I had a lecture/reading/discussion on the pre-Socratics this week and I'm anxious to get into the post-Socratic realms.

im pissed off because i found the perfect 35mm camera on ebay and i cant bid on it because my father isnt awake and he's the only one with an account

Getting ready to go to a friend's bachelor party and listening to Dark Tranquillity.

It will be nice to see some titties not of the pixelated persuasion tonight..

It actually comes out to $200 an hour, because I get paid monthly, $200, and I usually work about an hour a week, with comes out to $50 an hour. So...divided by 4 = $200 an hour. :kickass: