The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I dislike The Beatles :(
Me, too. I thought I was the only one. I do NOT think they suck, and I acknowledge their talent and influence. But I just cannot get into them. Simply not my cup of tea. I sometimes feel like a chump for not liking some bands that I *should* like (Beatles, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc.). But if something doesn't "click" with me, even if I try to like it, then there is really nothing I can do about it. I guess I suck.

I don't think it's necessary for you to mention that you don't enjoy those bands every time they're brought up, we all know by now. :p

The beatles are one of my favorites. I'm going to the movie today :D The covers of the music from the movie were actually good, i was surprised.

just plucked a random hair off my shoulder. was at my mates younger brothers 21st at CSI Schofield Football Club. will be assembling girlfriends dinning table tomorrow ... oh and listening to Primordial's Spirit the Earth Aflame

Nice. All their best.

Yeah, I started a tradition a couple years ago of getting my mother a Beatles album every Xmas, Mother's Day and birthday. She has most of them on vinyl but our record player has been broken for years. So I ripped all the albums I've gotten her so far to iTunes. I'm not sure which one to get her for Xmas, probably Help! or Magical Mystery Tour.

Just read some crap about post-structuralism, which actually was quite interesting, the most interesting thing I've read on literary theory thus far this semester. Now procrastinating organizing my handout.

I don't know why I find it so hard to get into non-metal music. I even feel kinda guilty (for lack of a better word) for not liking the classic rock bands I "should" like (like the Beatles and other bands I mentioned). To be honest, I do kind of want to get into some rock, because I feel I should be listening to some. What would be a good place to start? Should I start by listening to lighter metal bands and then transitioning to classic rock? If that's the case, I already like Sabbath, and I even like Pagan Altar now after giving them another chance (the song Crowman really turned me off to them at first). And is there a such a thing as classic rock of a "darker" nature and doesn't have girly lyrics?

Listen to THE Motherfucking STOOGES!

Gritty raw Detroit rock, fronted by the then young and always interesting Iggy Pop.

If you want me to upload some shit PM me.

edit@ Life Sucks

I don't know why I find it so hard to get into non-metal music. I even feel kinda guilty (for lack of a better word) for not liking the classic rock bands I "should" like (like the Beatles and other bands I mentioned). To be honest, I do kind of want to get into some rock, because I feel I should be listening to some. What would be a good place to start? Should I start by listening to lighter metal bands and then transitioning to classic rock? If that's the case, I already like Sabbath, and I even like Pagan Altar now after giving them another chance (the song Crowman really turned me off to them at first). And is there a such a thing as classic rock of a "darker" nature and doesn't have girly lyrics?
I used to feel guilty for not liking classic metal very much, but it's really not worth it. Just like what you like and always being willing to try new stuff.

Anyway, I like the Beatles who were my first favorite band. My favorite classic rock band is probably ELO

And as for right now I am posting on UM after waking up 45 minutes ago and taking a shower

I actually like some classic metal (Maiden, Sabbath, Priest, etc.), but not classic rock. And not liking classic rock is what I feel guilty about. There are even areas of my life beyond music where I wanted to be able to like something, but could just never get into it (tv wrestling and basketball come to mind).

Yeah. I don't know why I feel guilty for not liking classic rock. Maybe because I am so into music (well, metal), and have been playing guitar for 18 years, so I feel like I should like it. But I agree that from a rational standpoint, there is usually no reason to feel guilty about not liking something. I also feel that I should like power metal.

finally done with my homework, phew
now im just killing time till i go to the movies and radio shack

finally got demonoid.com to work, I guess canadian traffic is being blocked for some stupid reason...good thing for CGI proxy.

They had to relocate because of pressure from some stupid ass canadian company.

From Demonoid:

"We received a letter from a lawyer represeting the CRIA, they were threatening with legal action and We need to start blocking Canadian traffic because of this. If you reside in Canada, that is the reason you are being redirected to this message. Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience. "