The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Mathiäs;7175563 said:
So you're a fucking prep?

Um sure? I think that is a kind of ridiculous tag. By high school a person should be past that stage and stop calling people that. I just have them as my friends because they have a solid social life, know how to have fun and don't have anything to prove to anyone. I enjoy this mind frame with my friends. I don't want to be friends with some kids that never go out and when they do it is to a basement where they blow the night away doing nothing or blow it away it front of a screen. Fuck that.

Keep in mind I don't make fun of any losers, I try to talk to them and we have t real defined groups.

"During the school year I like to get into the mindset that I have no friends because it keeps be focused on my school work"

thats sounds so lonely.

as far as the prep thing mathias said, alter hit it. people are too obsessed with labeling other people that they miss out on potential friends. and what is so bad about big parties? you go with some friends, drink for free and make fun of people that suck at partying(the pukers and people that pass out before midnight). then when those suckas are down for the count, take their beer and drink it the next day. wins all around.

It's not lonely if you don't give a fuck. I and the few friends that I do have who are not away at school are usually too busy during the semester to go out very often anyway, since, you know, we actually do good in school. Of course living off campus doesn't help.

I know a ton of people who do really well in college and have a really active social life. That just sounds like a terrible way to say you don't have enough friends. I don't mean to sound like an asshole but how do you yourself when your 32 and don't have much friend and than your age moving up you wont have anything. Internet forums wont always be here(not directed at Nec, really).

"since, you know, we actually do good in school."

so the people that have a social life do poorly? i don't think you meant it that way, but thats the way it comes off. hopefully you'll elaborate.

I only hang out with about 4 or 5 different people, mostly because I detest the vast majority of my peers. I've been told that I am well liked by most people, but I just don't like to associate with most people, simply because they don't share any common interests with me and don't bother to develop any mildly unique interests of their own. Maybe I'm just a giant prick, who knows.

You're just like me. I don't have many friends, but people tell me that i am liked by many others in my school, but i don't usually hangout with them, because we don't have any common interests, or maybe we have, but since we don't hangout with each other, we have never found out.

chilling before going to bed. GREAT show tonight. and a great interview with ics vortex. some interesting news for the borknagar and code fans! stay tuned
~gR~

Listening to a new CD I bought today - Armamentarium by Neaera, who I don't know how to pronounce. I'm on track 5, and loving it.

Defragging my hard drive.