The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

mutantllama's outlook on life is flawed due to his inexperience. You apparently don't recognize this due to your own inexperience. End of story. Fuck off.

Figuring out my finances and making plans with regard to my guitar rig. My plan is to get a nice guitar, switch in some Seymour Duncan blackouts, get a cheap marshall tube amp, and use a nice tube pedal running into the marshall's clean channel to get a nice tone. I'm not an expert on this stuff (i.e. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing) but my friend says this should work. I can't afford a nice amp, but this way I should be able to get a badass guitar and rig for under $2k. I plan on playing in a band in college, so I'll need this, and while I'll be taking a year off after high school, my parents want me to put the money I earn then into a savings account for college (not for tuition, for food and shit). Anyhow, it looks like I can raise upwards of $900 by the end of the summer. Figuring about $100 for the AA show, I should be able to get a nice guitar (used, obviously) and the pickups. The amp and cab will cost under $500, so this puts me well on my way.

I'm going to be playing mostly death metal, thrash, etc. My project is multi-style - ranges from thrash, death, and black metal to power metal and I'm even working on some hair metal, though it seems like I'm too masculine for it. I would probably eventually invest in a nicer head, but this would carry me for now.

As for the amp, it was something used. Not sure I can find it again. it was one of the shittier ones. Anyhow, I might buy a solid state head if I can't find one - doesn't particularly matter, since I'd be using the clean channel and a tube pedal - one of these, to be precise.

It would be a temporary head - have it for a year or two while I save for something really nice like a Powerball or Fireball or a JCM 2000.

That pedal actually looks pretty cool.

If you can save up enough (either now, or eventually), you might look into the Peavey 5150 (now the 6505). It's an all-tube head designed for metal. I bought mine used for $400, though admittedly, that is a very cheap price even for these amps used.

I want to get a Splawn cab, but it's going to run me $800. That's a lot to spend on something I can only use over the summer.

Do you just bankroll your entire band?
And um...is that why they brought you in?
Just sayin'...rhythm guitar and all...

nah, i dont. they actually hate it when i offer to buy stuff for the band.

but i like gear and we need it. i dont mind lending stuff for gigs. kevin frequently borrows my basses and amp.

as for me joining the band, i was desperate and decided i would play guitar. they knew nothing about money when i joined
~gR~

Just got done playing some WoW, and I feel very hungry but I cant eat or I'll wake everyone up, it sucks, I could really use a 2lb burger right now. Cant wait till breakfast!

2-pound burger for breakfast = fucking metal

Thinking about going downstairs for a microwave burrito about now.