The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Anime is absurd. I can appreciate languages in a specific context. I cannot appreciate Big Eyes Little Mouth/Little Eyes Big Mouth on infinite loop, sprinkled with punk hair and random superflashybackgrounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anime is absurd. I can appreciate languages in a specific context. I cannot appreciate Big Eyes Little Mouth/Little Eyes Big Mouth on infinite loop, sprinkled with punk hair and random superflashybackgrounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KqF9G_DQls

There are some shows/movies I do imagine you might like...ones that are not typical battle shounen focused - which admittedly are the things that most people know of when anime is mentioned, because for the most part they're the only things given attention here in the US outside of niche markets

Grave of the Fireflies for one - being the main movie that comes to mind

http://myanimelist.net/anime/578/Grave_of_the_Fireflies

In the aftermath of a World War II bombing, two orphaned children struggle to survive in the Japanese countryside. To Seita and his four-year-old sister, the helplessness and indifference of their countrymen is even more painful than the enemy raids. Through desperation, hunger and grief, these children's lives are as heartbreakingly fragile as their spirit and love is inspiring.

and maybe something like Eden of the East,

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5630/Higashi_no_Eden

On November 22, 2010 ten missiles strike Japan. However, this unprecedented terrorist act, later to be known as "Careless Monday," does not result in any apparent victims, and is soon forgotten by almost everyone. Then, 3 months later... Saki Morimi is a young woman currently in the United States of America on her graduation trip. But just when she is in front of the White House, Washington DC, she gets into trouble, and only the unexpected intervention of one of her fellow countrymen saves her. However, this man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, is a complete mystery. He appears to have lost his memory, is stark naked, except for the gun he holds in one hand, and the mobile phone he's holding in the other. A phone that is charged with 8,200,000,000 yen in digital cash.

I wouldn't universally bash all the story lines (although the common recurrence of saving the world from demons makes much of anime seem like "Pokemon-Heavy" as a relative reference point). It's really got nothing to do with that. The entire animation style is unpleasant to me, even when the greater absurdities are toned down.

My friend has such a fucking huge ego. He took some pictures of our group of friends, including me, but has given a warning "don't pester me to send you them or upload them, I'll do it when I feel like it". Last time I asked a few times because I was eager to see them. In his mind they're "his works" and to allow others to save them is painful. They're fucking blurry phone pictures.

The last anime I watched was Elfen Lied. I really liked how it explored misanthropy and the moral issues with genetically enhancing humans. My only problem with it was that it was too short. It could have gone way further into those themes, but it at least had closure.

Elfen Lied is one of those shows I should like, but for some reason I just cannot get into.

I can understand that. The character development isn't particularly in-depth for anyone, and aside from the philosophy, it mainly has drama to offer.

I am currently feeling perplexed. I picked up Darkthrone's Circle the Wagons and on two tracks about half way through the listed track time they go silent. The cd keeps playing put there is no sound. I looked at the disc and there are two bands were it looks like the cd is missing info. Am I retarded or did I get a bad disc? Anyone else have this issue? I will upload a pic later if I get around to it.

Looking for moar whisky!!!:mad:
CIMG2186_zps15591db5.jpg

I don't know if you guys in Amruca do it but you go to every pub in the neighborhood and have one beer in each. The result is that you're fucking dead in the end because there is a pub on every corner in this place.

That's called "barhopping", and it's fucking awesome.

Dark Souls is possibly the most overrated game of this generation not counting obvious shit fests like Call of Duty.

Call of Duty's fucking awesome, Zombies are fun as fuck.

I can understand that. The character development isn't particularly in-depth for anyone, and aside from the philosophy, it mainly has drama to offer.

Drama I don't mind. The majority of what I like to watch focuses on some drama plot point, but shallow characters typically are something I can't get past.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10800/Chihayafuru

This being an example of a great one in my eyes

Was your cd player jarred at some point when this was playing? Almost looks like a disc an Xbox ate when it becomes dislodged.