TRIVIUM

Yeah i remember hearing it was a 5150, but i cant get the 5150 sounding anywhere near that crisp as i think thats the word for it.
It's such a clean tone, but plenty of gain in there to sound punchy..

5150 and eq pedal eh? that sounds reasonable.. could it be that they boosted mids /upper mids with eq pedal, tubescreamed the lower mids and ran into the 5150?
I'll try this later ;)

I am assuming it would be the lead channel on 5150 (i have the 5150II at my gaff at present) as the rythm channel seems a bit too boomy ?

Yeah i remember hearing it was a 5150, but i cant get the 5150 sounding anywhere near that crisp as i think thats the word for it.
It's such a clean tone, but plenty of gain in there to sound punchy..

5150 and eq pedal eh? that sounds reasonable.. could it be that they boosted mids /upper mids with eq pedal, tubescreamed the lower mids and ran into the 5150?
I'll try this later ;)

I am assuming it would be the lead channel on 5150 (i have the 5150II at my gaff at present) as the rythm channel seems a bit too boomy ?

boost the rhythm-channel with a ts.
on the 5150
gain set to somewhere between 12:30 and 2:00, high presence (around 3:00, perhaps a tad more) low mids (2:00-3:00) treble and bass around noon, reso to taste.
crunch and bright in

should get you in the ballpark

boost the rhythm-channel with a ts.
on the 5150
gain set to somewhere between 12:30 and 2:00, high presence (around 3:00, perhaps a tad more) low mids (2:00-3:00) treble and bass around noon, reso to taste.
crunch and bright in

should get you in the ballpark

Sorry to stray from the topic a bit but, this is what I normally do, and I like the tone but lately I've been feeling it's a bit boxy sounding when I'm just using a single 57. Any idea why?

Ok, I'm strong, I can take the flame, so here you go:

I bought Ascendancy for the production, and I have to admit:
I LIKE THE SONGS AS WELL! I don't know anything else of them, but this album is good!
not the best thing I've heard in my life, but definitely good.

so now let the stones fly

same here...

I'm new to Trivium

I remember reading Total Guitar and there was this short bit where Matt Heafy was explaining his sound from Ascendency saying it was a gibson les paul with emgs through a marshall DSL100.

Then in next issue Andy Sneap had written a letter to Total Guitar saying "Actually no Matt, I reamped your guitar tracks through a 5150, and no you didn't use a gibson les paul with emgs like I told you to, instead you used a washburn with passive pickups!"

Classic Sneap.

It said something like that, i'll try and find the mag later.

When I first got Ascendency I used to listen to it loads because i loved the songs. I don't listen to it these days. I didn't like the Crusades, I wasn't really a fan of the guitar tones on that album and the songs weren't that great. The solos on the Crusades are pretty epic, apart from that I didn't like it.

Andy: tell us what amps was using you for recording, and spill light onto this thread. Only you know truth!

cuz i started threads and i looked at this - and realized that nobody will give me useful info. everybody here hates old threads