TRIVIUM

i see.
due to there pantera and metallica obsessions i think we can guess it'll be either m*** b***** or k**** they r trying to get.
U'd think that a big band on a big label like that wouldnt pull stunts like that to save themselves a few quid when they r no doubt getting paid thousands per gig plus the merch sales.

It was indeed one of those companies young Ross and you also know the company I work for cos Oz uses our heads and you use our gear as well.

I did after that give instructions to get everything we own from our loan stock off the tour straight away from all 4 bands. I didnt want to leave them with an option to take the piss. They want to play it like that that can find somewhere to hire from half way through a tour as far as Im concerned

Managed to catch the band last night, played a good set, but got owned by Jeff Waters i say! hehe (and he had a busted foot so had to sit down!). Corey kicks my ass tho, so im not in a position to bitch on them- i reckon the Crusade is a damn good album, definitely better than the first and hopefully the next one will beat it again.

Thats odd. Trivium had a Krank deal and are doing loadsa adds for Marshall.

Saying that it all depends on what kinda deal they're trying to get.

Surely it's not directly Triviums fault and more of a managerial thing?

There is some truth in that. They have been very tight with Marshall for a while. on the Maiden tour they tried out (no joke) about 16 different heads and were using Kranks for a bit for Front Of House only but still had the marshalls for their stage sound.

The problems I had may have come from management but the band ultimately decide what they play through. My problem isnt specifically with anyone in the band, they were all real decent guys when I was with them but they would be, they wanted something, its more with Trivium the organisation.

I saw Trivium live (by default, I was there to see Machine Head)... and they, well... they sucked. :erk:

They were messing up left and right... Heafy and ... the other guitarist... were giving each other bedroom-eyes every time they fucked up a note or 12...

Then there was the laser light show that they blinded the crowd with...

On a scale of 1-10... The album(Ascendancy) on its own, 14 production-wise, but is a 6.5 as written.

I still listen to it, even though their live show sucked.

There is some truth in that. They have been very tight with Marshall for a while. on the Maiden tour they tried out (no joke) about 16 different heads and were using Kranks for a bit for Front Of House only but still had the marshalls for their stage sound.

The problems I had may have come from management but the band ultimately decide what they play through. My problem isnt specifically with anyone in the band, they were all real decent guys when I was with them but they would be, they wanted something, its more with Trivium the organisation.

Yeh true dat.
I wasn't defending them, just curious.

Any idea what Krank heads?

Well Im feeling quite F'ed in the A by it all. I mentioned in a previous thread that I work in Artist Relations for a nameless amplifier company. Trivium has been borrowing our gear for the last few UK and Australian tours but so far havent managed to sign a contract or provide any photos.

I said that at a show on their last UK tour I was going to come up and bring a contract and a camera as they had gear out on the tour. They instantly paniced and had to tell the truth. They were stringing us along and making us think they were going to sign up as endorsees becasue they didt want to have to rent gear while they worked out an endorsement deal with another company.

Basically they were playing us to avoid rental charges and has no intention of signing with us at all.

Hence we have F'ed in the A by Trivium.

Im not going to mention the names of any of the companies involved because thats just a bit to specific.

Hey aren't you guys supposed to be the ones shoving your dicks in the "Artists'" asses? Reversal of fortune there, eh?

Hey aren't you guys supposed to be the ones shoving your dicks in the "Artists'" asses? Reversal of fortune there, eh?

Not really no. We try and do our best for all artist we have on board form giving them free adverts with our products to delivering new gear to shows for them to try out and often keep free of charge in exchange for a contact and a photo. We are not a rental company. We supported them in good faith and got nothing in return. What does a photo cost? We dont fuck bands over, how could we? free gear for photos and use of name sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Anyway Im over it. Let the bashing continue!!

Say, if you need photos of a nineteen-year-old college student, I could use a pretty sweet deal...

I have kind of a lot of hair, and I bathe regularly, if that helps.

Jeff

Not really no. We try and do our best for all artist we have on board form giving them free adverts with our products to delivering new gear to shows for them to try out and often keep free of charge in exchange for a contact and a photo. We are not a rental company. We supported them in good faith and got nothing in return. What does a photo cost? We dont fuck bands over, how could we? free gear for photos and use of name sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Anyway Im over it. Let the bashing continue!!

Hey my bad, no offense I hope...

Heafy bashing aside, the guitar tone is unreal. It's sooo tight and sharp and clear but without fizz or painful highs. God (sneap) only knows how that was done.

I can't figure, it's got a marshally tone to it, but its stronger and more gainy/edgy but still not over saturated.

I dunt geddit :/

Any insight into the Amps / Cabs used would be awesome \m/

Heafy bashing aside, the guitar tone is unreal. It's sooo tight and sharp and clear but without fizz or painful highs. God (sneap) only knows how that was done.

I can't figure, it's got a marshally tone to it, but its stronger and more gainy/edgy but still not over saturated.

I dunt geddit :/

Any insight into the Amps / Cabs used would be awesome m/

+1

Ok, I'm strong, I can take the flame, so here you go:

I bought Ascendancy for the production, and I have to admit:
I LIKE THE SONGS AS WELL! I don't know anything else of them, but this album is good!
not the best thing I've heard in my life, but definitely good.

so now let the stones fly

For Ascendancy tone they use either Peavey 6505+ or 5150 with a MXR 10 band EQ pedal I think

And bashing any band is very immature coming from a musician.

Way back in the day I read a thing that Suecof posted where he stated it was a 5150 with a tubescreamer. But who knows? Any I hate to say it but some of the songs on Ascendency are kinda cool. I bought it for the production only and found myself liking a part of it.

Unfounded or excessive bashing sure, but I don't think opinions are immature.

Yea but I wasn't talking about opinions. Just about the senseless bashing earlier in the thread.

And yea they might have had a Tube Screamer in the mix too, since just about every professional metal guitarist records with one now days as it seems to me.

yep, I'd say 5150 as well

on the other hand I managed to dial in a 5150 and a recto so that they sounded exactly the same, that's when I realized "ok, perhaps I can't tell my ass from my elbow"...

but still I'd say this record is mainly 5150