What Popular Metal Bands Do You Hate?

Meh, you pointed out Metallica which is popular and you started this thread so don't start acting like a moral-fag.

What he said is 100% true. A band can be mainstream AND awesome. Metallica are not on this level. The reason they became popular, is because of the music genious Dave Mustaine. Once he was out of the band and they had no other things to "take" from him (after the third album), their sound changed so much to the point it felt a different band.

Also when the most popular metal band releases the most ridiculous album in history (lulu), then yes, people are welcome to hate them. I never thought there would be an album even more terrible than "look what the cat dragged in", but metallica proved me wrong...

What he said is 100% true. A band can be mainstream AND awesome. Metallica are not on this level. The reason they became popular, is because of the music genious Dave Mustaine. Once he was out of the band and they had no other things to "take" from him (after the third album), their sound changed so much to the point it felt a different band.

Also when the most popular metal band releases the most ridiculous album in history (lulu), then yes, people are welcome to hate them. I never thought there would be an album even more terrible than "look what the cat dragged in", but metallica proved me wrong...

I'm not defending Metallica because they're terrible (but I do not hate them), I was just pointing out that Cape Mortem is a hypocrite.

Iron Maiden. Can't stand the singer after seeing him live. Sad since he has decent vocals. Cheesy as fuck though, and such an attention whore. Waves the british flag in your face. fuck that.

It's not like Dickinson's waiving North Korea's flag in your face. What do you have against Britain? It's not the 1770s anymore.

I hate it when bands that aren't Metal are labelled as such. I'm sick of getting email/Facebook spam from so-called Metal websites/groups that has the "latest news" about shitty pop-rock bands like Avenged Sevenfold. I mean, hell, just because they released a couple of metal albums back in the day sure as fuck doesn't somehow make all their recent pop-rock shennanigans somehow magically become "metal," or them a "metal band." The same goes for Opeth and the "Heritage" album, which is truthfully little more than folk rock with nothing at all "metal" about it in any way. It's both idiotic and highly hypocritical how they are still going to all these extreme metal festivals and then mainly just strumming out some folk rock tunes - I mean, seriously, W-T-F??? So glad that I heckled the hell out of them at the gig I went to last year when they started playing all that boring, old-people horseshit for most of the time. Oh, and before you accuse me of being closed-minded or whatever, you'd hardly expect a bunch of folk rock fans to somehow all magically develop an appreciation for death metal after listening to a couple of albums (or ever), right? Well, the same applies visa versa. If it's not metal, don't waste our time and don't fucking call it metal.

City of God is a more metal album than a significant amount of black metal tbh.

Mustaine wrote/co-wrote four songs on Kill 'Em All, a good portion of Ride the Lightning's title track, contributed a chord progression to The Call of Ktulu, and potentially also wrote a single riff on Leper Messiah depending on what story you hear. That's all. On a whole, his contributions were minor and short-lived within the band, and nothing that other thrash pioneers hadn't done concurrently (or earlier).

Meh, you pointed out Metallica which is popular and you started this thread so don't start acting like a moral-fag.

Yeah, because I genuinely don't enjoy most of their music. I'm an Iron Maiden and Judas Priest fan though, both part of the superpower happy adventure friend club of classic metal musicians.

Doesn't he play in a cover band for Metallica, not Metallica itself?

Isn't that an Avenged Sevenfold album?

Oh, and I hate Limbonic Art.

No, actually it's "City Of Evil", and anyone labelling anything off that album as "more metal" than Black Metal gets an automatic *troll commentator* annotation added to their resume. Notice how INCREDIBLY "metal" the flimsy little boyband singalong chorus off the most famous song of that album is:

You really need to work on your trolling skills, son. :rolleyes::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, because I genuinely don't enjoy most of their music. I'm an Iron Maiden and Judas Priest fan though, both part of the superpower happy adventure friend club of classic metal musicians.

That was irrelevant and off-topic to my point so do not really know what to answer.

No, actually it's "City Of Evil", and anyone labelling anything off that album as "more metal" than Black Metal gets an automatic *troll commentator* annotation added to their resume. Notice how INCREDIBLY "metal" the flimsy little boyband singalong chorus off the most famous song of that album is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXTC0SmgE2s

You really need to work on your trolling skills, son. :rolleyes::lol:

You sure seem to know a lot about this "boyband", son.