2011 Arrival Times

CHALLENGEACCEPTED.jpg

Oh this is gonna be good. :popcorn:

hahahaha well, pat has lost like 20 lbs, so it should be even easier now.

I'll be arriving around 2:20pm on Wednesday. Will be weird to not be down there the whole week this year. Ah well, folks gotta work. ;) Will definitely need to find some sort of transportation to grocery and liquor stores though, and I'm not above bribery...

I gotcha covered, we're going to be leaving Jersey Tuesday night, should be rolling in about noonish on Wednesday.. :)

So, I'm at the computer reading the forum today and have a moment of panic, "Crap! We need to get our plane tickets!" Frantically text Michelle. Response:

"Ann Marie, we bought our plane tickets in May." Oh...yea.

Heh, heh. Sooooo, we'll be landing at 2:10 on Wednesday and will arrive at the Artmore whenever MARTA deems is the appropriate time. Will there be a party in the courtyard? Pffft, the bigger question is will there be any Finns there this year to provide us with koskenkorva.

Heh, heh. Sooooo, we'll be landing at 2:10 on Wednesday and will arrive at the Artmore whenever MARTA deems is the appropriate time. Will there be a party in the courtyard? Pffft, the bigger question is will there be any Finns there this year to provide us with koskenkorva.
Someone else has to take care of the Koskenkorva poisoning this time since this Finn doesn't seem to make it :cry:

Someone else has to take care of the Koskenkorva poisoning this time since this Finn doesn't seem to make it :cry:

Send me a high res picture of your face and ill paste it on some cardboard, cut it out, and put your head on a stick. It will be just like the real thing. Hell, it worked for my best friends wedding.

Also, I have no Koskenkorva but I do still have some Salmiakki. Who's feeling lucky?

Sooooo, we'll be landing at 2:10 on Wednesday and will arrive at the Artmore whenever MARTA deems is the appropriate time. Will there be a party in the courtyard? Pffft, the bigger question is will there be any Finns there this year to provide us with koskenkorva.
You arrive 10 mins before me...I think we should MARTA together. :) I'm hopeful the Finns will be there, but you can keep the koskenkorva...

You arrive 10 mins before me...I think we should MARTA together. :) I'm hopeful the Finns will be there, but you can keep the koskenkorva...
Let's do THAT! We should check in with each other day of.

Sucks you're not coming Aki sure going to miss that kosk...uh you, yea totally meant you.

zup all! new to the forum. Ill be flying in solo from santa cruz california early thursday morning. still gotta figure out all the details. Its gunna be trippy going by myself but looking forward to the adventure.

:cry: :cry:

zup all! new to the forum. Ill be flying in solo from santa cruz california early thursday morning. still gotta figure out all the details. Its gunna be trippy going by myself but looking forward to the adventure.

Welcome aboard! You'll have an awesome time!

At the first PPUSA in IL, I went with a couple friends, met a lot of friends I only knew from mailing lists & music forums, and met some new ones as well. When the fest moved to Atlanta, I went by myself for a number of years, with ZERO issues getting from the airport to the hotel & venue area. Don't be afraid of talking to people, this crowd is like one big extended family. If you drink, they'll point you to where you can find beer/booze, if you're looking for somewhere to eat, or somewhere to get food to keep in the room, ask people for suggestions, or where certain resturants are. We're a friendly crowd. If you see an old guy wearing a dingy Cubs hat, that'll be me, make sure you say hi, and above all, have fun, this fest is a blast, and you'll probably want to be back next year, and the year after, etc. etc. :headbang:

(At the festival page, there's a bunch of useful info here:

http://www.progpowerusa.com/xii/event/index.html )

Hey, welcome and look forward to meeting you. May I suggest you post a photo here so you can be included on the forum members poster. It's a great way to meet people!