Albums you still can't get into

I think all of Slayer's albums are different. Even the crap after DI was still different, even though it sucked. I liked Seasons best too. Some people's viewpoint is going to differ widely, but I feel the song writing on that album was the best they did. South of Heaven was 2nd for me. I never familiarized myself with their first one enough though.

Interesting tid bit - I noticed that every Slayer album was reviewed over at anus.com except for Reign in Blood & the last few shitty ones. I'm betting it has something to do with RiB being heralded as their best by so many people, so they automatically want to have a different viewpoint than the rest of those underling human scum of the earth bandwagon jumpers :p

It's neither, though. For instance,Cause of Death is hailed as an international death metal classic and it's on their best ever list. I'd assume it's just a random omission on their part or maybe they think it doesn't age so well. But hey, who knows, maybe inspired by your remark, Prozak has already begun harvesting epithets from his top favorite philosophers and will soon light up a joint and listen to the album , so as a result of this head trip, a few days later RiB will be perpertualized as an intelligently crafted historical landmark in thrash.:p

I still can't get into Insisions' "Revealed And Worshipped". "We Did Not Come To Heal" and "The Foul Smell Of Humans" are only memorable songs from there but other are not as much as brutal.

If it were a few months ago, I would have said Hammerheart. It took me an obnoxiously long time to get into that album, more than most people, and I had been listening to black metal Bathory for almost a year by the point I started buying later Bathory. I just listened to it over and over and couldn't get it, and one day it just clicked. I got so much shit on this forum for talking bad about it.

If it were a few months ago, I would have said Hammerheart. It took me an obnoxiously long time to get into that album, more than most people, and I had been listening to black metal Bathory for almost a year by the point I started buying later Bathory. I just listened to it over and over and couldn't get it, and one day it just clicked. I got so much shit on this forum for talking bad about it.

it's pure awesomeness!

Agalloch sucks. Death sucks. Cannibal Corpse sucks. Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir suck. Newer Enslaved is total garbage. Newer Gorgoroth is worthless. I never liked Anthrax. Hate Emo. Think Siege and Napalm Death are boring. Ignore Wolves in the Throne Room (Bathroom?).

I used to like it a lot but nowadays with what I like changing greatly I really just don't get what is so great about Cathedral's Forest of Equilibrium. Their stoner doom work is so greatly superior to it that I just don't get why that is hailed as their best.

All Cryptopsy albums.

On a side note, nobody ever mentions them at all on here. They used to (a couple of years ago) be cited contantly, but I am not sure I have heard anyone comment on them here at the UM the whole time I have been here.

Because only a handful of people like them here.
There isn't much to them other than technicality and hyperblast drumming. Adept musicians, but lacking in the songwriting department.