Albums you still can't get into

Nachtmystium Eulogy IV
Agalloch Pale Folklore

2 highly praised black metal albums I simply cannot get into. Maybe a few songs off of Pale Folklore are decent but don't hold a candle to The Mantle.

Hatebreeder, you should listen to Xasthur/Nortt and Xasthur/Leviathan. You only get about 20 mins of Xasthur, which is about right for a beginner, and the other bands involved are really, really good. Eventually, you may develop more of a taste for Xasthur. I rarely listen to an entire album of his though. Usually, 30-40 minutes is about right.

The new one hasn't clicked with me yet though.

I found Beherit really difficult to get into. I had to buy better headphones in order to appreciate Drawing Down the Moon, but it was worth it eventually. Is the Oath much different from DDTM?

Yeah... very.
Oath is very raw and sloppy.... it lacks all of the experimental aspects of DDTM which I didn't care for either. I own both albums and have listened to them numerous times and yeah I don't see what the big deal with these guys is.

Yeah... very.
Oath is very raw and sloppy.... it lacks all of the experimental aspects of DDTM which I didn't care for either. I own both albums and have listened to them numerous times and yeah I don't see what the big deal with these guys is.
Listen to DDTM on very high volume via headphones, might help you:)
Although I don't like the album all the way through, but the slow songs are quite compelling, The Gate of Nanna and Sodomatic Rites, especially

I know I'm a little late on this thread but I have never been able to get into any Morbid Angel. I have listened to Covenant and many songs from their other albums and nothing does anything for me. I can hear what makes them good, but it just has no effect on me. I'm not that into old school death anyway, but usually I like it more than that.

There are a couple of classic OSDM albums which I have rerated recently after not listening to them for a long period of time.
The Nocturnal Silence is nowhere as amazing as I remember it, it's actually rather irritating in places:erk:
Onward to Golgotha turned completely bland
Both Torchure albums don't excite me like once.
Same with Miasma's Changes and Prodigal Sun by Afflicted
Wicked Innocence's Omnipotence is actually annoying.

I know I'm a little late on this thread but I have never been able to get into any Morbid Angel. I have listened to Covenant and many songs from their other albums and nothing does anything for me. I can hear what makes them good, but it just has no effect on me. I'm not that into old school death anyway, but usually I like it more than that.

you've heard Altars Of Madness, right?

For me Morbid Angel was a bit of a grower... their music is a bit more subtle than say Deicide or Cannibal Corpse. In time it grows on you. You really have to just listen to the albums several times through and not focus so much on "do I like this riff or that riff" but the overrall effect of the songs.

For me Morbid Angel was a bit of a grower... their music is a bit more subtle than say Deicide or Cannibal Corpse. In time it grows on you. You really have to just listen to the albums several times through and not focus so much on "do I like this riff or that riff" but the overrall effect of the songs.

Spot on, sir.