Albums you still can't get into

I am the same way as DarkBliss with God Macabre and Demigod. I find nothing special at all in both of their big albums everyone likes...

This page sucks! :mad:

Beherit rules, but is definitely an acquired taste. Particularly The Oath of Black Blood. I tend to spin that one when intoxicated and in need of filthy, disturbing Metal of Death. ;)

Altars of Madness clicked with me immediately. Brilliant stuff! I did however have trouble getting into Blessed... and Covenant, but they're both good.

Wicked Innocence's Omnipotence is actually annoying.

I've always hated Omnipotence. It's extremely annoying.

And V, nothing special at all in The Winterlong and Slumber of Sullen Eyes ?! Blasphemy! Listen to them again! :heh:

I've always hated Omnipotence. It's really shit.

And V, nothing special at all in The Winterlong and Slumber of Sullen Eyes ?! Blasphemy! Listen to them again! :heh:

Yeah, I don't get Wicked Innocence...crappy for the most part.

The Winterlong is just boring to me, pretty much nothing outstanding, and way too short (hurts it definitely, I'd like to see them draw out their ideas).

Slumber Of Sullen Eyes is super typical to me...I listened to it a bunch...no idea what you guys see in it. Sounds like a death metal album to me. Big deal. :p

The Winterlong is just boring to me, pretty much nothing outstanding, and way too short (hurts it definitely, I'd like to see them draw out their ideas).

Why? To make it more obvious for simple minds? Seriously, man, it's all there! If it helps, just put the individual tracks on repeat once or twice and it'll amount to exactly the same. These guys understood what Slayer did with Reign in Blood; make it short and sweet, and that's a lesson that sorely needs heeding in many metal circles.

Why? To make it more obvious for simple minds? Seriously, man, it's all there! If it helps, just put the individual tracks on repeat once or twice and it'll amount to exactly the same. These guys understood what Slayer did with Reign in Blood; make it short and sweet, and that's a lesson that sorely needs heeding in many metal circles.

Maybe I'll re-listen to it eventually.

Also RH you're a faggot and no one is talking about Wintersun.

Macabre(Chicago) really really blow.
They used to play this small venue near my house and everyone raved about them. I think it's because they are obsessed with cereal killers and not the actual music. The guitarist is very talented on the acoustic though.

Belligerent, I agree. Even being a grind fan I could never see what was so special about them.

I still can't get into Ashes Against The Grain. I've given it several chances due to the rave reviews it got, but it just does nothing for me. And the vocals are fucking TERRIBLE. Give me Isis any day.