Albums you still can't get into

You forgot about the vocals. I still find that it's nothing exceptional and pretty messy in places(No Mercy, I'm the Hateful Raven). I guess the big fuss around it partially ruined the album for me. I was expecting something truly awe-inspriring. Actually listened to it now after a long break and it's even worse than I remembered it. Man, what an awful production.
Conjuration of the Spectral Empire is excellent, though.

Anthrax - Among the Living

Everyone loves this album and I love Spreading the Disease, but I fucking hate it.

I don't really care for ANY Anthrax. color me false. I always viewed them as a caricature of thrash metal, and not very important on a larger scale.

You forgot about the vocals. I still find that it's nothing exceptional and pretty messy in places(No Mercy, I'm the Hateful Raven). I guess the big fuss around it partially ruined the album for me. I was expecting something truly awe-inspriring. Actually listened to it now after a long break and it's even worse than I remembered it. Man, what an awful production.
Conjuration of the Spectral Empire is excellent, though.

:erk: Life_Sucks isn't alone, that album is in my top 5 death metal albums as well. I don't have any problem with the vocals, I actually like them. The atmosphere of the album IS, in my opinion, awe-inspiring. Oh well, at least you like Conjuration of the Spectral Empire.

I'm definitely not big on Anthrax either. They turned me off to bands that play in a similar style. I do like Annihilator & a bit of Prong though, but Annihilator is a good bit different.

I don't really care for ANY Anthrax. color me false. I always viewed them as a caricature of thrash metal, and not very important on a larger scale.

I only like Spreading the Disease, but mentioned Among the Living since it seems to be considered their best. State of Euphoria is even worse.

I don't understand Agalloch. It has never really struck me as anything special or worthwhile, just some decently-composed post-rock folk metal. Though I must admit that Pale Folklore beats the shit out of Ashes Against the Grain.

I also have never been able to get into any of Type O Negative's albums. They have a few songs on each that spark my interest, but it's just too damn boring to sit through an entire album.

I still didnt get why Celtic Frost's Monotheist album was so hyped. Probably it's just because it was by Celtic Frost.

I don't understand Agalloch. It has never really struck me as anything special or worthwhile, just some decently-composed post-rock folk metal. Though I must admit that Pale Folklore beats the shit out of Ashes Against the Grain.

I also have never been able to get into any of Type O Negative's albums. They have a few songs on each that spark my interest, but it's just too damn boring to sit through an entire album.

your loss. Type O rules.

I agree about the Agalloch.