Albums you still can't get into

I still didnt get why Celtic Frost's Monotheist album was so hyped. Probably it's just because it was by Celtic Frost.

Yeah, it wasn't really all that impressive IMO.

I don't understand Agalloch. It has never really struck me as anything special or worthwhile, just some decently-composed post-rock folk metal. Though I must admit that Pale Folklore beats the shit out of Ashes Against the Grain.

The Mantle is godly. Pale Folklore is pretty good. AATG is by far my least favorite album.

Yet you like Zyklon. Strange you shouldn't like at least their later material.

They sound pretty different though. Later Emperor is still loaded with keys.

:erk: Life_Sucks isn't alone, that album is in my top 5 death metal albums as well. I don't have any problem with the vocals, I actually like them. The atmosphere of the album IS, in my opinion, awe-inspiring. Oh well, at least you like Conjuration of the Spectral Empire.

top 5 for me too. i love the raw/unpolished inconsistencies in the vocals. they sound organic and have a real conviction to them. i cycled backwards through the chasm albums, my fav started as TSOR, then COTSE and then i realised that Deathcult was indeed the greatest of their releases ... by quite a considerable way ... and i still love the other two i mentioned.

Therion "Vovin" is a big one for me as someone mentioned Therion. That shit is so fucking boring.

Megadeth "Killing if My Business... An Business is Good" is shittty as fuck. I never get why all the Metal Head Elitists say that's the only good thing they've ever did :puke: I find Risk far more interesting that that abomination.

top 5 for me too. i love the raw/unpolished inconsistencies in the vocals. they sound organic and have a real conviction to them. i cycled backwards through the chasm albums, my fav started as TSOR, then COTSE and then i realised that Deathcult was indeed the greatest of their releases ... by quite a considerable way ... and i still love the other two i mentioned.

i possibly prefer the first 2 albums to the last 2 these days

Or maybe he needs to listen to what he really enjoys. A couple of those albums I also find extremely overrated and I'm pretty sure that I've listened to them far more than he did, it never clicked. Incidentally, these are all Nixon's favorites, the mighty taste dictator. Hmm...

That was in jest:)
I pimp my favorites all the time as well.

Or maybe he needs to listen to what he really enjoys. A couple of those albums I also find extremely overrated and I'm pretty sure that I've listened to them far more than he did, it never clicked. Incidentally, these are all Nixon's favorites, the mighty taste dictator. Hmm...

That was in jest:)
I pimp my favorites all the time as well.
I just find that the melodicism in those albums does not appeal to me very much. It seems like just about everyone isn't into at least one of those albums. Black metal is by nature the more melodic genre, even in bands not known for their melodies. The death metal I do enjoy is the more headbang-inducing variety. I like the Florida scene, but I would still almost always rather be listening to black metal.

Except for Altars of Madness. And there are really quite a few elements of black metal on that record.

I'm definitely into the more melodic death metal...the Flordia scene doesn't really appeal to me at all with the exception of the first two Morbid Angel releases and even those I don't like nearly as much as most. I also think anyone who dislikes the Karelian Isthmus is insane.

Here lately though I have been exploring some brutal death thanks to the recent surge in popularity of the genre here. I definitely like the stuff like Kronos and Cephalectomy a lot more than, say, stuff like Devourment though.

Either way, it sucked. I like Celtic Frost up to and including To Mega Therion (but I guess Into the Pandemonium was decent).

I even like Vanity Nemisis, though it is not as good as their pre-Cold Lake stuff. I know it's irrelevant, but I hate Cold Lake. It's basically a hard rock album. Cold Lake is the only Celtic Frost album I like Monotheist better than.

At the Gates - ANything pre Terminal Spirit Disease
Darkthrone - Blaze in the Northern Sky <--Worst buy ever
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies, Vortex ruined this band...Garm is god compared to him, he sucked in borknagar too : P...But back to this album..its so bad I can't even explain how much it disgusts me...Honestly vortex is decent but the music itself is boring...I tried and tried..But is kind of hard going against my all time favorite metal album...The SHam Mirrors.