Albums you still can't get into

Any album with poor recording quality. For example, Suffocation's Breeding the Spawn, or Månegarm's Nordstjärnans Tidsålder. Poor recording quality will make even the best stuff painful to listen to.

Newer as in since what album?

Maybe I shouldn't have said newer, but I'm thinking Satanica era. To me most of the stuff from there & onward sounds the fucking same. Uninspired gateway Death Metal. I'm not even that interested in hearing their new one after that string on albums. I did think Demigod started to put them in a bit better direction though, so if the new one tops that it deserves a listen..

I like Behemoth's dm work. However, the newest album is my least favorite Behemoth dm album. It sounds watered down, as if they purposely wanted to make it less death metal and less heavy, to appeal to more listeners. It's not bad, though.

I've actually enjoyed Behemoth's last three DM albums, but everything they released in the time period between "Grom" and "Zos Kia Cultus" seemed (to me) like a cheap, uninspired attempt at death metal.

Their black metal stuff, however, is quite good.

I've actually enjoyed Behemoth's last three DM albums, but everything they released in the time period between "Grom" and "Zos Kia Cultus" seemed (to me) like a cheap, uninspired attempt at death metal.

Their black metal stuff, however, is quite good.

I agree. I enjoy the black metal albums a lot and the later dm albums even more.

What are some of Behemoth's better albums/songs?

I probably like Sventevith & Pandemonic Incantations best. I can only take them in small doses all across the board though. I like their Black Metal stuff better, but PI is where they started to change to Death Metal, but it still retains some BM qualities. If I ever get the urge to listen to their DM stuff I listen to Demigod.