EXODUS

Zetro is back, fuck yes!!!! This album is going to slay everything!!!!

zetro_hatriot.jpg

gotta admit, they are sounding pretty good with zetro:

also really enjoyed the last hatriot album so i am optimistic about the new exodus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good. Wonder if they'll only play stuff that Souza or Baloff sang on now that Steve's back. They did that with Rob and didn't play anything that Souza sang on apart from the odd song.

i can see why they would take zetro back after the last two albums. i like his style these days much better than when he did his "shitty bon scott impression" in gary holt's words. def helps that kostas pretty much nails the exhibit a tone with his triple xxx and zetro's son has jack's old bass too for that classic sound. sadly there isnt much of the old school bay area sound these days but hatriot is keeping the flame alive for sure.

i can see why they would take zetro back after the last two albums. i like his style these days much better than when he did his "shitty bon scott impression" in gary holt's words. def helps that kostas pretty much nails the exhibit a tone with his triple xxx and zetro's son has jack's old bass too for that classic sound. sadly there isnt much of the old school bay area sound these days but hatriot is keeping the flame alive for sure.

Absolutely. Kosta (Hatriot) is a real talent - he has a heavy right hand and plays super tight rhythm -- several of those tracks are single takes, with maybe one or two punches. He is like a machine.

its cool to hear zetro do a dukes song finally. interesting that lee and gary both appear to be using kemper in this vid. in the clip i posted a while back in this thread gary was talking about getting the top secret kemper patch with the tempo of the damned tone from andy - i wonder if that is what they are using?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I've seen some videos from them playing pretty recently that showed them with the ENGL's, I imagine they've started using the Kempers for out-of-country shows since it's easier.

Absolutely love the song. The mix is good of course, but I would have preferred it to be a bit more rough around the edges like Atrocity Exhibit A. Bass grinds like a mofo though. Either way, this slays :kickass:

i cant believe this isnt getting more attention here.... this place really has changed. all hail Exodus, the kings of true thrash.

Exodus has all my attention. In fact I am listening to Heathen right now because I've already burned through all my Exodus albums today. Next will be Hatriot.

I am still curious about the guitar amp. Now I'm thinking EVH maybe. Anyway, it's yet another crushing guitar tone, distinct in its own way. I love how Gary isn't scared to change his tone on each album yet every time it is distinctly his tone. He is truly one of if not the greatest rhythm guitarists.

Zet sounds great as well. Can't wait for more.