EXODUS

I am still curious about the guitar amp. Now I'm thinking EVH maybe. Anyway, it's yet another crushing guitar tone, distinct in its own way. I love how Gary isn't scared to change his tone on each album yet every time it is distinctly his tone. He is truly one of if not the greatest rhythm guitarists.

Zet sounds great as well. Can't wait for more.

i have listened to the song several times now and i am pretty sure it is the engl savage again. BUT it is also really dry sounding compared to my savage so my guess it that is a kemper profile of the savage. i would bet on the bass being kemper as well if that is the case.

i think Andy said it best - Gary is a MONSTER player who knows how to dig into the strings and pull the tone out of the guitar. :worship: i bet even if they used a really crappy amp sim the tone would still slay. zet does sound better than expected and i have a feeling this one will be stuck in the cd player for a lonnnng time when i finally get my hands on it.

i have listened to the song several times now and i am pretty sure it is the engl savage again. BUT it is also really dry sounding compared to my savage so my guess it that is a kemper profile of the savage. i would bet on the bass being kemper as well if that is the case.

i think Andy said it best - Gary is a MONSTER player who knows how to dig into the strings and pull the tone out of the guitar. :worship: i bet even if they used a really crappy amp sim the tone would still slay. zet does sound better than expected and i have a feeling this one will be stuck in the cd player for a lonnnng time when i finally get my hands on it.

Yeah, I think it's still the Savage, it sounds sort of similar to it. It's a bit more rough around the edges than the tone on Exhibit B, but it's still pretty good.

You can totally tell if it's Holt playing, it's incredible. He has a distinct playing style that creates a tone only he can get. He's a perfect example of "tone in the hands". I've actually started to try to pick like he does in order to get a tone similar to him, because his Exhibit B tone is exactly what I've always imagined in my head as my ideal tone.

been listening to this all day... so good. def reminds me of older exodus while also sounding fresh and modern. the guitar and bass tones are both killer and the drums are going to be my new reference mix for a while. i love that they decided to go with a more ambient/room mic heavy drum sound on this record. congrats Andy on a killer mix yet again!!

even if you dont like Exodus you owe it to yourself as a metal fan to check this album out.... i think Andy always does his best work with Exodus and this mix is absolutely crushing. songs are awesome too, no filler at all imho.

Haven't been able to hear all of it yet, still waiting on my copy from NB to arrive, but I've heard about half of it, and goddamn, it smokes.

I have heard all of it now. I was pretty skeptical at first for some reason. Maybe it was the Kemper thing or even Zetro's return but I have to say, I may have ruptured a cervical disc after listening to it. Crushing stuff. Body Harvest, Collateral Damage and Salt the Wound are my favorites. The guitars are just.... don't know what to say. I think Baloff said it best that its the same stuff that tickles the funny bone that made you want to smash windows when you were a kid :p

it would be really awesome if Andy popped in to share some details about this mix but

Metal Guru
Last Activity: June 29th, 2013 06:31 AM

:(

GTRs finally sound like they should belong in a thrash band's mix... Just enough of everything to cut really well but allowing more space for the bass and the drums to really stand out. Im listening to this compared to everything from TOTD and on and It is by far my favorite Sneap mix with exodus by far. They all really outdid themselves.

I also never like rob dukes vox, on anything, but listening to this album makes me understand why it worked with the older material... Much different sound and riffage, had zetro come back sooner I dont think it would have hit nearly as hard. His voice suits the old school thrash sound and the new material just works with his sound.

I love it! Zetro really sounds like Mille in some of his screams. Its awesome.