EXODUS

article-0-03A9863E000005DC-106_468x586.jpg

Andy is Sting !!

so according to this interview with Gary at NAMM they enter the studio 2/17!

go to 2:00

also found this video of Gary talking about his rig with Slayer vs Exodus and trading kemper profiles w/Andy:

that part starts around 27:00 or so

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary posted an update last week on the Exodus forum:

"Okay you want hype? Here it goes!
I have been busier and more locked in for this record than any before, Tom and I have been going non stop, which is why there has been a decided lack of "hype" as has been said here. Silence is golden I guess! Where do I begin? We start the record on March 20th, three days after our return from Japan. Andy Sneap will be here for the drums and will mix and master it as well, I will be producing it along with my bandmates and Jack is engineering all but the drum tracks. We once again will be unconventional as far as where we record. Other than drums that is. This time all overdubs will be recorded at what I will only call for now, "Goatranch" studios! Nothing like being surrounded by the most Satanic looking goats on earth to make the sickest record. And this record is going to be sick. Sick as fuck. Heaviest thing ever, FASTEST thing ever in this bands career, shorter songs, the album epic I think hits around six and a half or so? It's a blitzkrieg. It's unrelenting. It's the logical successor to this bands career and where we are going. It is thrash. As fuck. It has elements of our influences in it. I am stoked. Is it the next Bonded by blood? Who knows. I will leave that kind of speculation for others cause I won't compare one to the other. Everybody is always comparing their new records to someone's masterpiece or their own classic. I am not the judge of such things.But it sure feels natural and excellent.We have been so fucking busy, updates will come on a regular basis once the recording gets underway."

Gary posted an update last week on the Exodus forum:

"Okay you want hype? Here it goes!
I have been busier and more locked in for this record than any before, Tom and I have been going non stop, which is why there has been a decided lack of "hype" as has been said here. Silence is golden I guess! Where do I begin? We start the record on March 20th, three days after our return from Japan. Andy Sneap will be here for the drums and will mix and master it as well, I will be producing it along with my bandmates and Jack is engineering all but the drum tracks. We once again will be unconventional as far as where we record. Other than drums that is. This time all overdubs will be recorded at what I will only call for now, "Goatranch" studios! Nothing like being surrounded by the most Satanic looking goats on earth to make the sickest record. And this record is going to be sick. Sick as fuck. Heaviest thing ever, FASTEST thing ever in this bands career, shorter songs, the album epic I think hits around six and a half or so? It's a blitzkrieg. It's unrelenting. It's the logical successor to this bands career and where we are going. It is thrash. As fuck. It has elements of our influences in it. I am stoked. Is it the next Bonded by blood? Who knows. I will leave that kind of speculation for others cause I won't compare one to the other. Everybody is always comparing their new records to someone's masterpiece or their own classic. I am not the judge of such things.But it sure feels natural and excellent.We have been so fucking busy, updates will come on a regular basis once the recording gets underway."

HELL YESS :headbang:

lol i guess the 3 of us are the only ones that care about Exodus anymore around here

edit: another update from Gary yesterday

"Drums start tomorrow, Andy flies in today. Album is sick. Tom and I, one day after returning from Japan, finished yet another one.
By the way, I don't listen to other bands when I am writing, never will. Only things I will listen to while writing are the bands the helped inspire Exodus to be the band we are today, I won't cloud my mind with anything anyone else is doing, why would I listen to anyone else anyway? Throw on some UFO and rock! Maybe a little Discharge and I am happy"