Hatred in Metal Scene...

I love CoB and no one will ever change that...when someone rips on CoB just rip on one of their fav. bands simple as that

Or just don't care? I know it's hard to tolerate that kinda people, but whatever arguments you propose will not make them think different.

It's just that loads of people get into metal because of bands like Slipknot and CoB and bands that are known to mainstream people too. CoB and Slipknot pave the way to the harder bands and therefore people who outgrew CoB act stupid and childish like "Oooh watch me I listen to harder music"

Agreed.
In my country lots of people listen to CoB only 'cause they think it's cool...
i just don't care...but it makes me pissed off

Mostly it are younger people who form the fanbase of CoB with the occasional "fossil" and it's because of that they form the laughing stock of other harder metalfans.

Anyway I have always found it weird why people hate so much some bands. If I don't like some band, like Slipknot or Jonas Brothers, I just don't care. I don't even know how their guitarists dress like, where is band forum and what kind of fanbase they have. I prefer putting my energy to bands I like.

Anyway I have always found it weird why people hate so much some bands. If I don't like some band, like Slipknot or Jonas Brothers, I just don't care. I don't even know how their guitarists dress like, where is band forum and what kind of fanbase they have. I prefer putting my energy to bands I like.

Hehe with fossils I mean people around 20-30 which is pretty old for CoB-fans, don't you think?
The times that I've seen CoB I really never saw "old" people.

Next time I encounter a person who has a problem with me listening to "little girls' music" I'm gonna tell him COB might not be the most "true" metal out there but I've never seen any other band with as much cool musical ideas, and that's it. Right as somebody shows me another band that has 22 songs that blow me away I'm ready to kneel. ^^

It's just that loads of people get into metal because of bands like Slipknot and CoB and bands that are known to mainstream people too. CoB and Slipknot pave the way to the harder bands and therefore people who outgrew CoB act stupid and childish like "Oooh watch me I listen to harder music"

I agree but i still think its hilarious how much fan girls COB has these days.Its like OMG Alexi is so cute.
I still like old COB old songs,but when a 13 year old kid in slipknot shirt told me im a poser cause i like Mike Oldfield what should i say abt it.I think that younger fans are talking how big metalheads they are much more than older fans

CoB and Slipknot pave the way to the harder bands and therefore people who outgrew CoB act stupid and childish like "Oooh watch me I listen to harder music"

Maybe we will also realize someday Behemoth is not only more ballsy but also musically more creative than COB and stop listening to COB :lol: Or maybe every individual just looks for different kind of things from the music.

I agree but i still think its hilarious how much fan girls COB has these days.Its like OMG Alexi is so cute.

Alexi's alter ego attracts young girls. Sometimes he appears tough and sometimes he has a cute smile. That's really why all the chicks love him, and sadly the reason why they end up being COB fans as well. As long as they don't bite me in the front row I'm fine with it!

Next time I encounter a person who has a problem with me listening to "little girls' music" I'm gonna tell him COB might not be the most "true" metal out there ...

WHY they call it "little girls music"??? And when metal is "true metal"?? (Call me naive, but I thought the whole time COB have great musical skills... :irony: )

I hate those discussions and ignore it while listening to the music I love... Not interested in labels like "true" or "not true".

But if it is only important how attractive a bandmember is... OMG. :rolleyes:

WHY they call it "little girls music"??? And when metal is "true metal"?? (Call me naive, but I thought the whole time COB have great musical skills... :irony: )

I hate those discussions and ignore it while listening to the music I love... Not interested in labels like "true" or "not true".

Some people judge metal by how it "feels." To appeal to them, an album has to appear like it was recorded in the cellars of hell and mixed in Satan's bedroom, while composure acrobatics, melodic ideas and catchy riffs serve no meaning.

Alexi's alter ego attracts young girls. Sometimes he appears tough and sometimes he has a cute smile. That's really why all the chicks love him, and sadly the reason why they end up being COB fans as well. As long as they don't bite me in the front row I'm fine with it!

Can't agree more.

I Myself started being a true Cob fan thanks to alexi,even if i listened to cob before knowing him.
It's right to get closer to a band 'cause you like a member...but not 'cause it's cool or sexy for you...I love(!) alexi,but as a musician...and that's imo the only way you can love him.
I get also pissed off when somebody say"I don't listen to cob 'cause alexi is gay"...wtf,first of all you can't know it,secondo why do you care about it?i mean,he's a musician not a political

Maybe we will also realize someday Behemoth is not only more ballsy but also musically more creative than COB and stop listening to COB :lol: Or maybe every individual just looks for different kind of things from the music.

:lol::lol::lol: I know somebody on this forum who will wholeheartedly agree with yout first sentence, taking the maybe out of it :lol:

Behemoth rocks too though :kickass:

:lol::lol::lol: I know somebody on this forum who will wholeheartedly agree with yout first sentence, taking the maybe out of it :lol:

Behemoth rocks too though :kickass:

Tbh, I'd say that Behemoth is roughly on the same level as Bodom. :lol: What a fantastic band.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Some people judge metal by how it "feels." To appeal to them, an album has to appear like it was recorded in the cellars of hell and mixed in Satan's bedroom, while composure acrobatics, melodic ideas and catchy riffs serve no meaning.
Tbh, feel > acrobatics.

A song that carries more feel with a more simple song structure is more artistic IMO, than a song that caries less feeling, but is saturated with shred. I mean, Bodom is fantastic, but to like bands better purely for "composure acrobatics" is retarded as fuck.

A song that carries more feel with a more simple song structure is more artistic IMO, than a song that caries less feeling, but is saturated with shred. I mean, Bodom is fantastic, but to like bands better purely for "composure acrobatics" is retarded as fuck.

Especially if the acrobatics are show-off and for example playing easy guitar scales fast to make dummies drop their jaws.

COB is (most of the time) strong in all the aforementioned aspects; composure acrobatics, melodic ideas, catchy riffs, plus the feeling. I think of for example the song Warheart, high level of acrobatics and feel.

I'm a bit spiritual guy and listen to whatever has feel or depth in it. It can be nature music or heavy metal that searches the boundaries of heaviness, I don't mind as long as it's good as what it is.

I'm a bit spiritual guy and listen to whatever has feel or depth in it. It can be nature music or heavy metal that searches the boundaries of heaviness, I don't mind as long as it's good as what it is.

I get your point.
(I personally love Sentenced, because I'm addicted to Villes Voice and the lyrics - even if it is named "Suicide-Metal - for me it is more than this!)

At the end why to bother with others ppl opinions?
Hatred was allways in metal scene same way it was and still is in every other music genre.Back in the 80s some real metalheads hated GNR and all that glam metal bands.So what?Its normal.So what if older fans stopped listening to COB when they discovered ``heavier``things,most of younger fans might do the same in the future.Thats the way it goes.There will be allways few bands ull allways like,no matter how many years ure listening to it,but its normal to make a progress in that matter.ofcourse its a huge difference between a music taste of a person that listens to metal more than 1 year and ppl who are listening to it more than 20 years.
and u havent met a music narrow minded person.Thats my younger sister.
When she was 10 her fav band were Pestilence and Carcass,and now when she 15 she is all into underground black and death metal.I have no idea where the fuck is she finding all those obscure bands.She said that she is tired of ``mainstream``bands and thats she wants to explore underground bands.Its just a normal teen phase,eventualy she will grow up as everyone who is in underground things.

The most irritating thing is when a 17 year old chick says as fact that Machinae Supremacy, Deathstars or whatever is the best music there is. When clearly it's not. I can't listen to many/most of the bands anymore I did when I was 17. You need to say in my opinion or you make a lot of people pissed off!