KILLSWITCH ENGAGE

i think they;ve been using caprarison guitars for a while. they kinda look like strats.

but i'm pretty sure that the pickups on the AOJB were NOT emg 85s (which are the pickups the use on all following albums) because just by listening you can tell they are not active and passive. the guitar is grittier. the first time i heard that album i thought to myself this is def a marshall through duncan pickups.

i'm sure it's a mystery but just trusting my ears i really think they are passive pickups. they sound like SD also, they don't havethat dimarzio roundness to them.

yeah you can kinda see adams strat

my_last_serenade.jpg

70_161-6133_IMG.jpg

looks like hotrails in that strat.
would make sense as i know Nordstrom has a strat with hot rails that gets used a lot in studio fredman and it's a similar kinda tone (a.o.j.b.) to fredman stuff, i think.

is that the singer of all that remains next to adam? if not, it looks like him. :headbang:

yeah more than likely it is. they are pally with each other arent they? (he was nearly their new singer after all).
Maybe he's yelling at him to make the All That Remains album sound better than the new Killswitch, Adam did as he was told :loco:

when we opened for them, they were using caparison > maxon od9 > ns 2 > dual. this was september 2006.

thanks^^^^^
im also wondering what preamp on the DI guitars if any and also the vocal mic for alive or just breathing/ preamp.