KILLSWITCH ENGAGE

Really? :eek:

Wow im surprised. It looked like they were headed the usual Recto/5150 route. Did any other amps make the final mix? Or is it only the VH4 and the Nitro? The tone on the new album is badass. ESPECIALLY the lead tones. If thats what a Nitro and VH4 sound like, then im sold lol.

I would love to hear more info Gainzilla. If you wouldnt mind providing us with some. Btw, say hi to Dan (Vezina) for me. Him and I speak regularly, and im sure he will get a kick out of it. :D

P.S. Would u happen to knw what pickups Adam is using in his new Parker Fly Deluxe? Supposedly both him and Joel are big fans of the 85 in the bridge but im not sure hes using one right now since his sig model comes with an 81/85 configuration. I would love to knw whether or not he has an 81 or 85 in the bridge. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Andrew

I mean he could have used a Les Paul. They were just what I could see them using. And their tone still rules so who cares.

Edit: Didn't mean for that to come across so hostile haha. Damn the interwebz and its lack of ability to show emotion.

Also I will add, my Charvel is a bolt on super strat and it sounds worlds better than my $3,000 Les Paul

Yeah, but for heavy rhythm tones, I dunno (though I was actually referring to the Angelus, not the LP ;)) And I'm a bit "meh" on the tone of the new album tbh

I am sure it was Joel's Dellinger and Adam's Parker probably.

I don't know...they used Angelus models on the last two albums. They're usung the TAT Dellinger and Parker in these pics...but they're using Triple Recs, JVM's, and 5150's...which didn't end up getting used on the album. I wonder if this was just preprodiction?

KSE_studio_28_lr.jpg

KSE_studio_2_lr.jpg

KSE_studio_1_lr.jpg

Vintage Modern, Juan :D But maybe also those were for monitoring while they captured DI's (and ended up re-amping through like a Splawn and Diezel or some other weird combination that didn't end up sounding overly amazing IMO!)

Vintage Modern, Juan :D But maybe also those were for monitoring while they captured DI's (and ended up re-amping through like a Splawn and Diezel or some other weird combination that didn't end up sounding overly amazing IMO!)

Holy crap I did type JVM. This is an excellent example that you can drink too much coffee.

I don't know, I kind of dig the tone on the new record...I just don't think it really works with their style.

The new album is better than ADD in my Op. I really wasn't expecting much but i am actually liking it. I like the snare but it is too loud and the GTRs are a bit too quiet but i think the overall thing has a bit more life than ADD. I haven't checked the waveform but it doesn't sound as crushed as ADD.