KILLSWITCH ENGAGE

Any info on the Framus Cobra? (why was it usde on just one song? (Rose of Sharyn). Or is this bullshit?

Obviously I can't get their tone as I'm not playing nor am I using the exact recording chain.

I'd like to know how Adam or Andy or whoever did the guitars delt with the presence knob on the Cobra. It almost seems as though it's constantly on 10 but as you crank the amp turning the presence up sounds ok and makes it really crunchy (like how some people crank the presence on the 5150).

True. The Framus Cobra was originally going to be used for the whole because Adam really liked it's tone.
Joel dialed in some real mid heavy tones from the Dragon that complemented the tracks a bit more combined with the 5150 for a 90's Carcass Heartwork type of tone.:headbang:

The Dragon was used for the whole album up until the transformer blew up right before the last song.
Apparently the product of over use. 12 hour a day sessions for a couple months. The Heartache disc 2 tunes like Irreversal and My life for yours were tracked with the amp prior to the breakdown. ROS was a late addition to the album.

The Cobra was used for the track Rose of Sharyn but was EQ'd and post EQ'd in the mix to sound like the Dragon as much as possible.

Its a guy who if recall correctly took some lessons from Joel(KsE). But Joel this guy is awesome and can def answer a lot of the questions we want answered haha. Man that was way confusing.

Scott Splawn recently sent a pair of Nitros to both Adam and Joel so maybe those are the ones theyve been using lately. Im curious to hear if they used them on the new album.

^I don't think they did... I saw a pic of them using a Triple Recto, a 5150 and a Marshall of some sort, I'll see if I can dig them out somehow.

Here:

KSE_studio_28_lr.jpg

KSE_studio_2_lr.jpg

KSE_studio_1_lr.jpg

Yeah ive seen those pics before. They prob didnt use them seeing as how Adam and Joel are huge Recto and 5150 fans. Doesnt really matter i guess. Their tone always sounds sick no matter which album. Cant wait to hear the new one :D:headbang:

I REALLY REALLY wish I could find a Rose of Sharyn or something with the tracks split between guitars drums and bass to compare to my own sounds.

You and me both bro. I knw for sure theres a cobra somewhere in that track. What amps do u have?