Non-metal Themed Mixtape Game

So in the interest of moving this along..

Les Discrets - Apres L'Ombre
Really cool. Great atmosphere. 8/10

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Halloween
Good, but I got a bit bored after a while 6/10

Roky Erickson - Night Of the Vampire (The Evil One)
I wouldn't have remembered that this was previously submitted. It's ok. 6/10

Michael Jackson - Ghosts
Terrible. 3/10

The Meteors - Michael Myers (Still in Shape)
Not my thing. 5/10

Eartha Kitt - I'd Rather Be Burned As A Witch
Good stuff 7/10

Alice Cooper - Santa Claws is coming to town
Oh Jesus this is bad. 1/10

Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy
Evil children running around smashing shit and scary monsters is Halloween enough for me. 10/10

The Dream Syndicate - Halloween

Yawn 4/10

Shit list but I hate Halloween so that was bound to be the case. I was really hoping this theme would be over with when I got back from holiday last month but here we are unfortunately. I'd really like to see this game survive though, I've discovered a bunch of cool stuff through it.

Les Discrets - Apres L'Ombre
7/10
Not sure if on theme, but sounds decent.

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Halloween
9/10
She was spooky at a time when most women had a sickly orange glow about them.

4.5/10
Probably a better fit for this playlist than the mythological creatures, but we mustn't reward plagiarism by letting this song win again.

Michael Jackson - Ghosts
7/10
Michael Jackson certainly is spooky, and I'm relieved whoever submitted this didn't

8.5/10
This song makes me wanna fuck a chick dolled up in retro pinup fashion. More so than already, I mean.

4/10
This does not deliver the spookiness I want in a Halloween playlist.

1/10
This song is metal, it's about Christmas, and it's tepid and uninspired in any case.

7/10
It has a horror theme, at least.

The Dream Syndicate - Halloween
6.5/10
Not bad

Here's my shit tardy ratings

NewLes Discrets - Apres L'Ombre

Pretty. 6/10.

Siouxsie & The Banshees – Halloween

This is a bit more aggressive than I thought they were, for a moment before the vocals I thought “Wait, this isn’t Die Kreuzen’s cover of the Halloween theme, I didn’t submit that did I?”. Very good throughout, will have to give them another chance. 7.5/10.

Yeah whatever they said about this being an old submission or something, don’t remember but whatevs. 4/10.

Michael Jackson – Ghosts

Michael Jackson fell so quickly after Thriller. Dated New Jack Swing a decade behind its time with no good hooks. 3/10.

I had this immediate fake/try-hard vibe that I tried to suppress out of worry that I was just being a pretentious cunt, but around 2 minutes in where it goes into the most generic surf rock progressions with annoying samples I stopped trying. Manilla Road-tier vocal melodies. 2/10.

Not that Halloween-y but could still work for party music I guess. Enjoy the song and love her voice in any case. 8/10.

Jesus. Alice Cooper from Dragontown onwards is so fucking awful, and this is probably the worst thing I’ve ever heard him do. I didn’t last a minute. Also, this is metal. 0/10.

Aphex Twin is the Deftones of whatever kind of electronic this is. No idea why hipsters like this obnoxious crap. 1/10.

The Dream Syndicate – Halloween

It’s alright, pleasant stuff, reminds me of something but I don’t know what. 5/10.

Aphex Twin is the Deftones of whatever kind of electronic this is. No idea why hipsters like this obnoxious crap. 1/10.
He's actually pretty highly respected in electronic music circles and was doing some pretty amazing things with limited programs & equipment back in the 90's when that track was produced. That track is absolutely nothing like the rest of his material btw.
Off the same EP:

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Kraftwerk isn't really that hipster imo, any more so than any other seminal founding artists of a genre being praised partially out of obligation.