The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Just read about how there was a species of human that was probably much smarter than us that died out 10,000 years ago. It might have interbred with African peoples, since some of its features have been seen in them. One of the theories of why they're extinct is because they thought too much, didn't communicate, and thus couldn't create a collective memory or culture. Also, their heads were huge and a lot probably died in childbirth.
Cracked ftw eh? Interesting stuff.

say that again in 4 years when were even worse off than before... again
hell, you're in fucking sweden. Go shovel some snow

If we're worse off than we are now then it is the fault of the House republicans and not Obama.

What I am hoping will come of this election is that Elizabeth Warren will make her name even more well known to the public while in the senate (for good reasons obviously) and that she can make a serious bid at being the democratic presidential nominee for 2016.

O

Marijuana has officially been legalized in Washington and Colorado. Now if only the State Department would respect state sovereignty on that issue like Obama promised in 2008.

I'm really excited to see what happens in the next year and hopefully other states will follow.

Romney's plans were not popular because they generally fucked over the poor, but i do think he would have been effective at getting the American economy back on track, religious nuttiness aside. you do need to weed out the weak to make progress.

Fuck that. If we can't bring the entire population along in bettering the economy I'd rather us have this shithole economy.

I don't get why people don't understand that people are more important than money every single time.

At risk of halting the train of political fat-chewing, I'm reading my new hardcover of The Gay Science with Coldworld playing in the background.

Ugh I had to wake up at 6:00 and now I have to go to my father's place to look up after my little sister. + I have to make roast chicken. + I'm tired. + I'm thinking about getting new phony. A big fat phony.

Just read about how there was a species of human that was probably much smarter than us that died out 10,000 years ago. It might have interbred with African peoples, since some of its features have been seen in them. One of the theories of why they're extinct is because they thought too much, didn't communicate, and thus couldn't create a collective memory or culture. Also, their heads were huge and a lot probably died in childbirth.

I just read that too. That site, though meant for lulz, is actually very informative.

Schwärzung;10467326 said:
At risk of halting the train of political fat-chewing, I'm reading my new hardcover of The Gay Science with Coldworld playing in the background.

God is dead
And no one cares.
If there is a Hell,
I'll see you there.

So much economic ignorance in the last page it's past facepalm status. Are people more important than money? Yes. Extrapolating that out into supporting government "solutions" for problems is a complete nonsequitur.

Regardless of whether Romney or Obama won the election, the US is already over the "fiscal cliff", and those who will be hurt the worst are those who government snake oil salesman have made dependent on the steady stream of funny money in limited fixed quantities. While money can be fabricated out of thin air by the Fed and Treasuury, wealth cannot be.

Both parties have their own respective welfare whore constituencies, and both are killing the country. Blaming one side vs the other is bad enough, but rooted in a complete lack of understanding in human action, particularly as it relates to economics.

So much economic ignorance in the last page it's past facepalm status. Are people more important than money? Yes. Extrapolating that out into supporting government "solutions" for problems is a complete nonsequitur.

Regardless of whether Romney or Obama won the election, the US is already over the "fiscal cliff", and those who will be hurt the worst are those who government snake oil salesman have made dependent on the steady stream of funny money in limited fixed quantities. While money can be fabricated out of thin air by the Fed and Treasuury, wealth cannot be.

Both parties have their own respective welfare whore constituencies, and both are killing the country. Blaming one side vs the other is bad enough, but rooted in a complete lack of understanding in human action, particularly as it relates to economics.

Yeap, people still don't fucking get it. It's rather amazing to me.

blasting manowar (yeah I've decided not to cut metal out of my life, just self inflicted bad moods) because the neighbours have all gone away for the weekend. Woohoo.