The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

you had more legitimate experiences of wonder

once you're an adult everything's filtered through cynicism and self-awareness and familiarity, when you're a kid you get fucking excited every day about something trivial to the point of not being able to sleep or sit still. so much easier to get immersed in stuff, it ruled. plus, ignorance is bliss is one of the oldest and truest clichés in the book. as a kid i was never 'stupid' exactly but i was largely oblivious to the wider world and its workings and it was fantastic.

The sick joke of life is that when we are young we are too stupid and full of anxiety to really appreciate being young and when we get older and smarter and chill the fuck out, our bodies start shutting down in various ways. God is a cunt.

Reactions: Phylactery
My body is already shutting down. My memory is rapidly fading, I have random chest pains, and I now have to wipe my ass several times a day even long after taking a dump because shit tends to just slowly leak out now. I'll probably be bed-ridden and incontinent by 40, assuming I don't die of a heart attack before then which one of my great-grandfathers did (though most others lasted to 60-70 before their first heart problems).

The only thing worse than aging is dreading every made up bullshit aging phase as if you're going to change or die or become a douchebag between the age of 28 and 30. Nothing happens.

You'll be the same autistic faggot you were a decade prior with a creeping sense of condescension towards younger people.

Reactions: Dak
I kind of hope that I get fat in old age so that I can wear suspenders without looking like Urkel.

I'm probably not going to make it to old age so fuck it.

Just took an Ambien, codeine, Yerba Mate, and a cup of mead. Sitting here watch the second season of Ash Vs Evil Dead.

Reactions: CiG
i embrace aging as it relates to my identity, i wanna be a badass deadpan old dude who talks about how much cooler everything was before shithouse millennials turned up and ruined everything.

I'm a Gen-Xer no one wants to recognize as but a Millennial.

Edit: In accordance with Baroque's advice, I eat more greens and eggs than ever and run/lift as much as ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baroque
I've been in a world of anal pain for the last couple of days, on friday I didn't go to work at all, missed some important business too, my doctor's appointment is tuesday because both the clinics that deal with shit like mine are just fucking overcrowded with humanoids with gut issues.

There's some bulk under the skin of my choco star that hurts like the seventh chamber of ritual hell and it bursted and there's some shit coming out I can only hope it's not literal shit from my colon because well, fistulas are a thing, unfortunately. And kids like me don't want no faeces rotting in their bodies.

I can't sit so I just wiggle on the couch like a worm on opiates.

Reactions: tagradh