What Popular Metal Bands Do You Hate?

I actually really dislike Cannibal Corpse too. I'm sure my hatred of thrash in general has some clout here, but them especially... blearghhh. I will say that I've dug their instrumentals and the comics are fuckin sweet.

Probably Iron Maiden is my stumbling block. I honestly gave their early records a chance, and regardless of all attempts I don't like 'em. The music is okay, but the vocals.. Just can't stand it.

No, actually it's "City Of Evil", and anyone labelling anything off that album as "more metal" than Black Metal gets an automatic *troll commentator* annotation added to their resume. Notice how INCREDIBLY "metal" the flimsy little boyband singalong chorus off the most famous song of that album is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXTC0SmgE2s

You really need to work on your trolling skills, son. :rolleyes::lol:

If they had a different vocalist and focused on the riff work they could be pretty alright if they kept this style going tbh.

Wolfmother
??? What... Who... ???
How did this band get to be the next thing? Why did the fucktard on the radio claim this to be so great? (And play the crap constantly?) Why was there any buzz at all?!
Their shit just sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolfmother
??? What... Who... ???
How did this band get to be the next thing? Why did the fucktard on the radio claim this to be so great? (And play the crap constantly?) Why was there any buzz at all?!
Their shit just sucks.

I think they were something "new" on Australian radio at the time (ie a heavier band playing a mix 70's influenced rock), and were supported very strongly by the Triple J radio station here.

I got caught up with everyone else and was playing it a lot. Then by the next year (2006), haven't listened to it since (nor is it spoken about in the media), which shows how it's rehash of 70's rock/metal approach has a very limited shelf life.

In a word, Fad.

Wolfmother was kinda cool for what it was tbh. This song for example has a doom/heavy metal main riff and is almost Reverend-Bizarry or Black Sabbathy if Revbiz or Sabbath were faster. Don't hate tbh. I'd enjoy shit like this on the radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I don't really consider most extreme bands 'popular', that leaves a lot out of the discussion for me. I can't stand about 99% of black metal and most death metal, especially the brutal nonsense.

I don't listen to Metallica but certainly don't hate them. I'd rather listen to Enter Sandman 100x than some unlistenable, trebly BM.

Ensiferum

Eluveitie

Blow-peth

I've warmed up to Iron Maiden, love em now, used to hate the shit outta them; but their "UP THE IRONS LOL" fans are super annoying.

Not a huge fan of Megadeth for the sole fact that Dave Mustaine is an egotistical douchebag. And I can't stand his voice either.

I'm also not a fan of anything that's not melodic, "folk metal" (wtf?), any girly shit where "I love you" is being screamed unintelligibly and out of context of the music...

But I generally keep an open mind about music. Really.

Not a huge fan of Megadeth for the sole fact that Dave Mustaine is an egotistical douchebag. And I can't stand his voice either.

I'm also not a fan of anything that's not melodic, "folk metal" (wtf?), any girly shit where "I love you" is being screamed unintelligibly and out of context of the music...

But I generally keep an open mind about music. Really.

Most all music is melodic - there is next to no atonal metal.

Yeah wolfmother is a cheap led zeppelin knock off, fuck that band. Mike Patton knows what he's talking about there.

Not a huge fan of Megadeth for the sole fact that Dave Mustaine is an egotistical douchebag.

Plenty of egotistical douchebags have made incredible music. I struggle to understand why an artist's personality would be the sole reason you don't like their music.

Metallica come across as a bunch of idiots as well but that doesn't make me take RTL out of the CD player.

On topic: Dio's solo material I find to be very boring, metal-by-the-numbers stuff.

edit: could all these people hating Judas Priest please listen to Sad Wings of Destiny all the way through and report back please.

I love Sabaton and I thought they were insanely popular...but every metal board I go onto, no one EVER mentions them. I'm even on their official forum and there's maybe 1 post every couple of days.