Which song(s) got you into Opeth and when?

The Moor, summer 2004.

It was one of the biggest "holy shit" moments of my life.

yes and then i kept hearing the moor just for the waterdrops over the pyre cool part when he enters with that growl
and then i realized i liked the whole song not just that part
and then i realized its a good band

Master's Apprenices and Bleak at the summer of 2005. Since then, Opeth are my favorites (got every CD and DVD)

About a year and a half ago, I heard Harvest on Youtube by chance. I loved it. Listened to it many times. I decided to try giving another one of their songs a chance, even though they were death metal, OH NOES. Listened to Bleak. I thought the music was epic, I thought the vocals were horrible. So, being absolutely out of my mind :loco:, I bought Blackwater Park. The rest is history.

That wasn't the first time I had bought an album by a band that I didn't like at the time, and it hasn't been the last either (WITTR). So far, I've never bought an album by a band I hate and found that I still hate the band after listening to the album. :heh:

the first opeth song i've ever listened is in my time of need-a year ago.that was the moment that i fell in love with opeth..and then i've heard the grand conjuration.and i decided to download opeth songs as much as i could and opeth became my favourite band.

i was a late starter i got into opeth after hearing ghost of predition right after ghost reveries came out and i had never heard anything like it before so i was instantly hooked

When I had a band some years ago, we played some metal stuff. Then, the girl who was playing guitar came with "Demon of the Fall", but I didn't like it. They played it and I just watched them and waited. They also started to listen to Deliverance and I had to support it. After a couple of time of being obliged to not play guitar and to hear these songs, I finally decided myself to pay attention. And that's how I got into Opeth, after a lot of struggles. So my first song is Deliverance, close with Demon of the Fall. Two huge classics.

The Drapery Falls at 2005. I liked the dynamism ( the transition between slow to heavy for example ) of the song and then I heard Demon of the Fall, Harvest, Ending Credits, Bleak then I fell in love with the band.

I was listening to orchid one rainy winter morning (i had heard a couple of other albums previously, casually) and all of a sudden i hear the part of "The Apostle In Triumph" where he sings "Ahh Ahh etc" and then screams only to sing "Ahh Ahh etc." again. That part totally blew me away. It wasn't something i was expecting to hear. I'm sure the whole rainy winter, bleak setting helped a lot. After that i paid more attention to their albums/songs. And after listening to Ghost Of Perdition, i was for sure hooked.

Well, I'm pretty young so unfortunately I can't be cool and say that I've been into em for like 10 years or anything like that. I got into them about the same time Ghost Reveries came out. The first thing I heard was TGC and thought it was decent. A little later in the year when Media Play went out of business and was having a bunch of huge sales I went and bought like twenty CD's. Two of them happened to be Blackwater Park and My Arms Your Hearse. Those were easily the best gems of everything I bought from there. So pretty much everything from those two CD's is what got me hooked. Not much later a used CD store got a lot of Opeth in stock so I got Still Life, Orchid, Damnation, and Deliverance for a little over thirty bucks. Good year. =]

Right around when Watershed came out, I heard The Lotus Eater and Deliverance on the same day.
It was on a Metal radio station I get with my cable service.

It was at the end of 2002, right about when Deliverance came out. I downloaded Bleak and April Ethereal at random off Kazaa. Was amazed by both songs, and bought Deliverance almost right away from my local music store. They've been my favorite band ever since.