Albums you still can't get into

^ Wow. Metallica is like the first band every metalhead gets into; the band everyone "starts out" with.

Slayer for me, actually. Metallica never really interested me (bar one song - King Nothing. I like that song).

Other bands I never really got into:

Cattle Decapitation,
Daath,
Goatwhore,
Any Metalcore or Deathcore (I can't even really pin what it is that I dislike about Deathcore, all I know is it really irritates me)

And Sunn O))), Gorguts and Burzum are all aquired tastes by definition, so don't worry if they don't ring your bell at first try.

I agree with the people who mentioned Burzum. I can see why he might be considered good, but nothing more. I don't understand why Burzum is typically held in such high regard.

Gorguts - Obscura

- Think I need to listen more on this album... I can get into any Death Metal/Brutal Death Metal albums easily, but this one I'm having a hard time...

If you're having a hard time getting into Obscura, (which is understandable it's very dense, frantic and abrasive), you should give Gorguts' last album From Wisdom to Hate a try. The band definitely toned down the technicality on it and it's a lot more laid back and melodic. And in general, I think it's more consistent throughout.

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger. I wouldn't say there are too many albums I've tried to get into .... if I don't like it, I generally don't feel the need to continue to subject myself to it.

I agree with the people who mentioned Burzum. I can see why he might be considered good, but nothing more. I don't understand why Burzum is typically held in such high regard.

It's an elitist thing. Many of those kinds of guys listen to music for atmosphere only & nothing more. I believe Varg was one of the first guys to ever do a project quite like Burzum & make a name for himself in the underground like he did. He also was in the press a lot & he murdered a guy, so non-conformists are going to gravitate towards him for many reasons.

I like Burzum & I still listen to him quite a bit, but I don't worship his music. I don't believe he's the greatest song writer of the 20th century. I find a good portion of him stuff from mostly the s/t & later periods to be very much not memorable. I just listen to him & enjoy his good stuff & leave it at that.

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger. I wouldn't say there are too many albums I've tried to get into .... if I don't like it, I generally don't feel the need to continue to subject myself to it.
i also never got TH. There's a load of this stuff thar's supposed to be good, but does next to nothing for me. I was just mentioning albums that have something going for them, but are just "meh".
Gotta mention Krieg's Destruction Ritual again, I suppose. What a waste of time.

I'm going to be lynched for this one.

Pantera (any)
Metallica (any)
Dragonforce (their music is amazing, but I can't fucking STAND the vocalist)

More to come...

I like almost all Darkthrone, though I didn't like The Cult is Alive, Plaguewielder, and Hate Them that much. I was surprised that I like the new album. It has quite a few killer songs on it, though it is definitely not black metal in the vein of their earlier albums.