AS I LAY DYING

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Please post all questions, comments & anything related to this artist here.

Shadows Are Security

asilay_shadows.jpg

Insanely awesome mix. I bought the re-issue with the bonus "making of" dvd yesterday and was sad to not find one mention of Andy or post-production. I guess its understandable but still made me angry.

^ thanks for the heads up , i was gonna get it hoping to see some studio footage but i'll skip on it now

The mix on this disc is my reference all the time

stunning work and amazing balance and clarity

There is some intresting studio stuff. You get a good look at mics that were used.

^ but with andy reamping the guitars and retriggering the kit , that's at least 50% of the final sound that resides within andy's power !

i'd much rather watch the mixing !!

we know and mixed the album right ? great job. but it's also important for who produced it cause he setted all the amps up right ? who wsa it.

Not if andy re-amped. Which he did. So he was responsible for setting the amps up.

There's much more invloved in making an album sound great then what amps were used and what samples where used on the drums. It's interesting to see how they play the guitars (great rhythm playing! REALLY tight. I was impressed), how they track vocals, and they way the worked together. I thought it was worth it for that, even if you didn't get to see the real amp they used.

If you want to see the most techy DVD ever, check out the one that came with That Haunted's "The Dead Eye" all mics amps cabs and such are listed by name and with pictures.

I was never worried about the amp. I am a fan of the band so it was all worth it for me. They are extremely tight players. The singer really has his shit down.

does anyone have any specific info regarding what samples he used for the drums (his own, or from a library?), how he replaced the tracked drums (sound replacer, drumagog, etc), and if the drummer actually played on their latest 2 records (ive heard people over at gearslutz say its programmed). sorry if any of this info is "common knowledge", i dont know much about andys production style. thanks!

All accounts shows him playing on the DVD. You have to remember that the shit was most likely beat dective(ed?) and trigger to hell .

Jordon is an amazing drummer, and yes he did play on the album. Though when I got the stuff to mix, I had no original drums , just replacements. The snare is a mix of mine and theres, toms were their samples and kick was one of mine.

Gtrs were all reamped, so don't go with what you see on the dvd, cause there was some quite errrr, disturbing gtr tones lol, best way I can put it, sent to me.

funny how my friends are like dude so and so uses this amp for recording I seen it on there dvd and there tone sounds so sweet :lol:

Jordon is an amazing drummer, and yes he did play on the album. Though when I got the stuff to mix, I had no original drums , just replacements. The snare is a mix of mine and theres, toms were their samples and kick was one of mine.

Gtrs were all reamped, so don't go with what you see on the dvd, cause there was some quite errrr, disturbing gtr tones lol, best way I can put it, sent to me.

Yeah for sure. He looked really solid on the DVD. Thats crazy they sent you an already sampled set. Is this common?