AS I LAY DYING

Shadows Are Security has probably my favourite mix of all time. Incredible job from Andy as always. But it's that kick sample. I NEED to get one like it. It's just the perfect kick sound, and when combined with chugs...I literally could sit around for hours listening to a really boring looped repetitive riff with that mix.

Credit the almighty Krank for letting the kick breathe!!

I'm sorry if this was mentioned before, but I did just have a quick read of the whole thread and didn't find anything.

Both Shadows and An Ocean are quad-tracked, right?

They're in the studio with Adam D again, anyone have any idea who'll be doing the mix? I think another sneap mix would be great but I wouldn't mind hearing adam's either.

What effects did you used on the clean vocals (chorus, maybe?)? Did you doubled-tracked the vocals? Anyway, great mix, amazing band.

Andy, could you please tell me how did you mix the clean vocals? Thanks, sorry to be annoying

OK, I'm stumped on something. During the beginning of Meaning In Tragedy on SOS between about 0:15 and 0:27 it sounds like there's additional guitar tracks just doing either held out notes or steady strumming I can't make it out with everything else going on). Am I hearing wrong? There's defintely the main string jumping/palm mute riff (would assume quad tracked around 100/75/75/100) and there's that little lead solo that comes in about 0:20, but what about that additional rhythm? If that's the case how would you layer that? Wouldn't it normally clutter the mix up having 2 rhythm's going on?

Has someone got more information about the guitar setup on SAS? Krank Rev and OD820,but maybe more details on settings and micing etc. ?

MfG

Anybody know anything about what was used in the last one? I've seen the studio diary vids, but if someone has heard anything more specific as to cabs, mics, etc... that'd be great info to know! :)

I see they raised their tuning as well.