Dio Tribute "Children of the Sea" Song Discussion

Dan .. check your email. I worked out the bass part and sent you a clip ... if you dig it I'll start tabbing it right away

dude you should do otherwise, send me an email saying "check the thread", cause I get emails waaaaay faster than check threads hahaha as you know I answered you this morning, while I'm getting online right now at 9pm after work

dude you should do otherwise, send me an email saying "check the thread", cause I get emails waaaaay faster than check threads hahaha as you know I answered you this morning, while I'm getting online right now at 9pm after work

actually, I sent you the email BEFORE I posted this in the thread ;)

wasn't sure which one you might happen on 1st

anyway, glad you like the bass part, I'll tab it tonight if I can and work on that last part ... hopefully have it to you by end of weekend

actually, I sent you the email BEFORE I posted this in the thread ;)

wasn't sure which one you might happen on 1st

anyway, glad you like the bass part, I'll tab it tonight if I can and work on that last part ... hopefully have it to you by end of weekend

by sunday would be great, cause monday's a holiday here so I would have time to kill that once and for all on monday

Yeah I got the bass yesterday

Goddammit Dan! You played those basslines almost perfect except for ONE IMPORTANT SPOT! Now I have to build it out of a couple of your other notes. Fucker

Other than that ... awesome job bro! You killed it

It was the part I played at :21 - :22 here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/594184/Bridge Solo Keyboard.mp3

You just repeated the same tail as the other measures. Reason it stands out is cause by just following the other tail, you're not locked in on that little rhythmic shift with the drums. Its not a big deal really, like I said I can find those notes and build that 1 second part. Seriously though, you did a hell of a job on those basslines. Now I just need to find a good bass tone for it. Might try reamping the bass through my sansamp and see what that does. Not easy to reamp with an MBox :p

started workin on the 1st draft of a mix

still need to add in some keyboard parts

don't even know what anything sounds like yet cause my ears are shot ... I'll listen again tomorrow and if it seems ok I'll run off a clip of where its at so far

reamping with an mbox sucks

I did it

but it sucked

bass is meaty sounding now ... maybe too meaty, won't be sure until I run off a clip. Guitars are pissing me off but I think its because I lost perspective

I don't even know why I'm writing this, you guys don't even care anymore ... it's just me

The cheese stands alone

There, there..

tumblr_kxwtjlOcjS1qzt3s2o1_500.jpg

I'm waiting to hear the results, so far it's been good.

Can't do shit in the studio, our PC buggered and it's being updated .. :yell:

Ok gave my clip a listen in the car and here at work ... sound ok here, a bit boomy but I was anticipating that ... did NOT like the way it sounded in the car. Drums & bass were ok although the bass lost some of its clarity but the guitars sounded brittle. I think I know what to do ... good thing being the drums sound great no matter how hard I try to fuck them up :p

I'll try to have a new clip run off and posted in here by tonight or tomorrow, might be a little tough cause I'm leaving town for a week tomorrow afternoon for a much needed break ... florida here I come!

Yo guys!

I'm back from vaca ... ok I need you to give this little clip a listen and tell me if I'm going in the right direction.... especially with the bass. There is no volume automation on the bass at all yet so when you hear those little slap/pop parts in the verse they may indeed pop out too much. Really I'm just looking for opinions on the overall balance of everything. There are also no vocals yet cause they'll be easy enough to drop in after I have the music set. Last thing ... I've done absolutely no type of pseudo-mastering ... I've noticed with my setup that sometimes things sound great here but then a little dull elsewhere ... usually a small high-shelf bump on the master makes a world of difference but I'll avoid doing anything like that until the very end. OK, here's a clip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/594184/Mix Test 1.mp3