Dio Tribute "Children of the Sea" Song Discussion

OK. Kupilamilla is close enough! :lol:

Please post a diagram of your room, along with any dimensions. Maybe start a new thread for it so as to not clutter this one? Or pm?

WOW! He actually has EVERY VOWEL in his last name :D hahaha

Thats so bloody awesome:headbang:

I'll get the basic measurements and see if I can make a diagram with where some stuff is in my little room. Its just an extra room in my apartment and is only ever meant to be for mixing obviously :dopey: I'll either throw it in a new thread or just PM as soon as I have something. Thanks again Jussi, I really appreciate any kind of help

Kippis!

Just wanted to throw in a a little teaser here ...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/594184/Vocal Test.mp3

Just a small clip ... I have done NOTHING to his vocals. No tuning, no editing of any kind yet, nothing. In fact, its just 1 vocal track that I slapped a light delay on ... no EQ, no comp ... just so you can hear a bit of what's in store. Oh yeah, there's no bass in the clip either

There are several harmony and doubled tracks I haven't even looked at yet. I've worked with George for almost 10 years now and I tell ya now, he can still impress the hell out of me ;)

Hope you dig

Cool!

Finished any and all editing on the vocals yesterday .. it was actually more about choosing the best ideas as pretty much everything sounded great. I was busy nursing the wife's hangover yesterday (halloween party night before) so I didn't have time to run off a full clip but I'll do one tonight so you can hear what he and I worked out

Dan, any progress with that bass part?

Okidoki ... full clip with all vocals

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/594184/Full Vocal Clip.mp3

obviously this was bounced directly from the vocal session and not the main session so don't expect to hear any bass, keys, solo, etc ... no volume automation or anything ... just kinda set the faders and went with it so some harmony stuff will change in the final version

anyway, love to hear what you guys think

and some pics .. just for the fun of it

My buddy's studio setup (Drowning Fish)
Setup.JPG

George
George%201.JPG

George warming up
George%203.JPG

By the way, Jussi did you get my PM?

^ Danke Marco!

Bass and some keyboards are the only missing ingredients, then I can finally begin the mix.

Yeah I also have to finish the Holy Diver mix...but due the whole pc-crash-incident all the paths for samlpes and impulses are fucked as I changed my file system a lot...opening this session will be a PITA hahaha

Yeah I also have to finish the Holy Diver mix...but due the whole pc-crash-incident all the paths for samlpes and impulses are fucked as I changed my file system a lot...opening this session will be a PITA hahaha

Dude, I feel your pain ...

that happened to me once and it was BAD :erk:

took me like 3 weeks and about 400 cups of coffee to get everything back and stable. That was on my old pc though

Hey just so you know, you have my vote for mastering all this shit if you're into the idea. :headbang:

haha yeah could be, I'm not that much of a KISS fan though^^
about the mastering: if I have time for it I could do it I guess...in case nobody who is really qualitfied for it wants to do it lol
but yeah I can make it loud at least :lol: