Dio Tribute "Children of the Sea" Song Discussion

facepalm.gif

Dan, I told you a couple times now .. I wanted your feedback on the part I sent you already BEFORE I go and do anything with the chorus parts. There's no point in me trying to rework the other parts in the same fashion as the bridge/solo section if you don't even like or agree with the ideas I already sent you :loco:

I've been waiting to hear back from you for several days now before I go fucking around with anything else

Stop giving me lame excuses for not finishing that part and work you lazy fuck! :devil:

Great!
Sorry I wound up not being able to do the vocals. LMK if you need any re-takes on that solo, though. I can play it better now than when I recorded it.

no worries man! Your solo is killer. If you feel like having another go at it, feel free. I already made some timing adjustments to the 1st one so its totally fine but if you feel like you've got some more "tone finger" to add to it, give it a whack. Vocals will be finished by tomorrow night, Dan should have 1 of the rewritten bass parts to me by this weekend ... I'll be done with redoing my room by then so I can finish working out the last bass part for him to redo. In the time that we're waiting for him to do THAT part, I'll be working out and tracking some keyboard shit and doing some vocal edits where needed.

Cool thing is we captured everything vocally at the front end so its gonna need no tuning at all. My only problem is gonna be deciding which takes to use where. He did a lot of different embellishments in the different spots and they all sound cool so it'll take me a little bit to sift through and find the perfect ones to use

tell the truth ... you're eating again right now aren't you? :D

Sorry I couldn't reply, my hands were dirty with chocolate at the time

no worries man! Your solo is killer. If you feel like having another go at it, feel free. I already made some timing adjustments to the 1st one so its totally fine but if you feel like you've got some more "tone finger" to add to it, give it a whack. Vocals will be finished by tomorrow night, Dan should have 1 of the rewritten bass parts to me by this weekend ... I'll be done with redoing my room by then so I can finish working out the last bass part for him to redo. In the time that we're waiting for him to do THAT part, I'll be working out and tracking some keyboard shit and doing some vocal edits where needed.

Cool thing is we captured everything vocally at the front end so its gonna need no tuning at all. My only problem is gonna be deciding which takes to use where. He did a lot of different embellishments in the different spots and they all sound cool so it'll take me a little bit to sift through and find the perfect ones to use

awesome, after such a long wait it will definitely be worth it

vocals

are

done

Fuck YEAH! Finished them up last night. My bro was on fucking FIRE! I have a sumo sized buttload of different takes to sort through, he was just spittin out different ideas and shit but like 99% of it is all awesome so I just need to find all the best of the best. You guys are gonna be happy

As a side note he wanted to make sure I let everyone involved know how much he appreciates the opportunity to be a part of this and to say thanks.

I'll probably start organizing shit this weekend. Still getting my room together. Room treatment goes up starting tonight

vocals

are

done

Fuck YEAH! Finished them up last night. My bro was on fucking FIRE! I have a sumo sized buttload of different takes to sort through, he was just spittin out different ideas and shit but like 99% of it is all awesome so I just need to find all the best of the best. You guys are gonna be happy

As a side note he wanted to make sure I let everyone involved know how much he appreciates the opportunity to be a part of this and to say thanks.

I'll probably start organizing shit this weekend. Still getting my room together. Room treatment goes up starting tonight

Cool beans! If you need help with the treatment just ask.
(Well.. can't come there and actually build 'em..)

Thanks Jussi! I might pick your brain on it at some point. The stuff I got is mainly for the 4 corners of the room and I'll be getting 4 bass traps real soon to put on the walls... just not sure how to check my reflection points ... I'm guessing I should have 2 traps evenly spaced behind my monitors and then 2 on the back wall in kinda the same position. After that I'll probably just get some spot treatment stuff but where that'll go I'm not sure.

Maybe I should mock up a diagram of my room or something.

for the sake of accuracy I thought I'd update the actual credits list

Children of the Sea
----
Bass: DanLights (Daniel Luces)

Rhythm, Melody Guitars, Additional Keyboards + 1st small Solo: Skinny Viking (Carlos Alvarez)

Acoustic Guitars: Executioner 213 (Kevin ****)

Main Solo: Travis Woyen

Vocals: George Eliassen

Drums: Antto Tuomainen

Keyboards: Vespiz (Jussi Kulomaa)

Mix: Skinny Viking