Dio Tribute "Children of the Sea" Song Discussion

Soooooo ...

whats the status guys? Are you done with your vox Travis? Jesse, thought you would have had a couple solos off to me already since you said you were probably gonna do them last weekend

I'm just asking cause my next couple weeks are gonna be VERY filled and I'm gonna have very limited time to do stuff

Everything ok on my part? Don't have much, but still.. ;)

I believe so Jussi but once I have all the files from everyone I'm really going to dig into the individual elements and see if everything is working or if I'll need additional stuff from anyone

on the same note ... has everyone heard the more updated version I posted with all the ectra guitar stuff I did? All the melodies, harmonies and that little bullshit lead before the bridge section?

Sounds good so far! Not too hot on the guitar tone, but it's a taste thing, rather than anything being "wrong" with it.. ;)

Oh yeah, did I mention that Antto would like those bell rides and "tinkles" before the last chorus taken out or something.. they're not in sync with the guitar.
(He played them to the click, not listening to the guitar)

Sounds good so far! Not too hot on the guitar tone, but it's a taste thing, rather than anything being "wrong" with it.. ;)

Oh yeah, did I mention that Antto would like those bell rides and "tinkles" before the last chorus taken out or something.. they're not in sync with the guitar.
(He played them to the click, not listening to the guitar)

Tell Antto "turpa kiinni" or however its spelled :lol:

I still have to edit those guitars because they're not in at those spots to the click ... I mentioned that in a previous post though ... I only did the main editing, not the fine tuning yet in a couple spots such as that particular one ;)

When I have all the tracks and everything fine tuned with editing before I start the mix, I'll post a new rough version again and if he's still not happy with it, I'll be happy to take them out

guitar tone will probably still be shaped accordingly once I actually have bass & vocals ... you're just hearing the raw tone. What I have posted in here is by no means in any way, shape or form, a mix

Puh... Finns :p Go sit in the sauna for a while hahahaha

Tell Antto "turpa kiinni" or however its spelled :lol:

I still have to edit those guitars because they're not in at those spots to the click ... I mentioned that in a previous post though ... I only did the main editing, not the fine tuning yet in a couple spots such as that particular one ;)

When I have all the tracks and everything fine tuned with editing before I start the mix, I'll post a new rough version again and if he's still not happy with it, I'll be happy to take them out

guitar tone will probably still be shaped accordingly once I actually have bass & vocals ... you're just hearing the raw tone. What I have posted in here is by no means in any way, shape or form, a mix

Puh... Finns :p Go sit in the sauna for a while hahahaha

Haha :lol: Ok, I'll tell 'im. Must have missed your post.

Yah, I'd go sit in a sauna, if I only had one (indeed, not all of us have that luxury...) :p

Haha :lol: Ok, I'll tell 'im. Must have missed your post.

Yah, I'd go sit in a sauna, if I only had one (indeed, not all of us have that luxury...) :p

:D

From post #102

"I purposely kept things loose in spots... this tune needs to breathe. So if you hear some odd bits here and there don't sweat it. 1/2 of those spots will be fixed later and the other 1/2 will be left as they are to keep some feel in it all and besides, once I'm done layering this bitch up you'll never hear it "

and don't lie about the sauna Jussi .. I know you have one. Just like all of us americans have guns and drive big trucks and muscle cars :lol:

PS - did I spell it right? Its been a while since I used that phrase ... don't get to use the 3 Finnish expressions I learned very often ;)

:D

From post #102

"I purposely kept things loose in spots... this tune needs to breathe. So if you hear some odd bits here and there don't sweat it. 1/2 of those spots will be fixed later and the other 1/2 will be left as they are to keep some feel in it all and besides, once I'm done layering this bitch up you'll never hear it "

and don't lie about the sauna Jussi .. I know you have one. Just like all of us americans have guns and drive big trucks and muscle cars :lol:

PS - did I spell it right? Its been a while since I used that phrase ... don't get to use the 3 Finnish expressions I learned very often ;)

My parents have a sauna, does that count?? :err:

Yep, you got it right.

^ uh oh ... someone been hitting the wine a little early?

LOL nah, just reappearing, honey moon, family visits and trips are over. Back to normal, bass for this song will be done by this week. Oh and I'm gonna ease out on the deadline, as in since we don't have the legal issues and final artwork and decisions done, I'll let people finish their songs more easily for a couple more weeks

^ pretty nice of you :p

also convenient since I don't even have vocals, bass or the lead for this song yet :D

Although Travis said he's working through what he tracked and Jesse had assured me he would probably have something for me by tonight? So that still leaves me with editing, tuning, placement and then I still need to do a few keyboard tracks but I needed at least the vocals & bass in 1st before I could do that. Need to find sounds that mesh with all those elements

Bad news. My computer just hit the skids, so I won't be able to do anything more on this until I get it fixed. My access to the Sneap forum is, for the time being, limited to the brief periods at work when Websense isn't blocking it. If you need to contact me please send an email. (travis.woyen@gmail.com)

I don't know what our ultimate timeline is now, but if it works out better to get another vocalist to do this, I won't get pissy about it.
Thanks,
Travis